Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Networks?

• 10-07-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im just wondering how one goes about switching networks but keeping the same number. Im looking to go from meteor to o2 (basically sick of dropped calls and my phone recieving things hours late)

If anyone could give me any information, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Simply go into an O2 store and they will do everything for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

It's easy to do and any phone shop can sort it for you. If you're on bill pay, your Meteor contract needs to be over a year old and you'll need photo ID plus a recent bill. You can do it as a pay as you go customer too, but not sure about keeping the same phone as my kids always fleece me for a new one when they switch around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Fantastico.
    Thanks for the replies, will head in tomorrow.
    Dye know if theres any costs with it?

I could be wrong, but keeping the same number when switching networks usually involves buying a new phone. That said, you can get one of their cheapest (no more than €40) and sometimes even 'free' (if you're going bill pay) when you switch. Like I said, it's my kids who fleece me, so not 100% sure what the shops are capable of.

One more thing, might be no harm to ring your local O2 shop and then ring carphone warehouse to compare what the best offers are at the minute. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 acer aspire

Hi Jammyc

02 will be delighted to see you arriving at their shop wanting to join over to their network they spend millions on advertising this service on tv commercials and the likes

Drop into one of their stores with the phone in hand and they will get you to fill in a once of application to fill up (just to have in writing from you that the phone number is actualy yours and not someone elses) they then give you a brand new shiny (02) simcard there and then.

It normaly takes about 30 mins for the transfare to complete and when it does you will have your originaly prefix (085 number) as before except you will be buying 02 credit rather than meteor 085 :) You also only have to turn up and sign the form ect - no need to hang around for the 30 mins - this approx time is how long it takes for the networks to port your number from one network to another.

P.s. Your phone will also need to be SimFree before the new shiny o2 simcard will work in it. When you get the new simcard put it in your phone and Switch the phone on

If it shows Incorrect Sim card / Sim not accepted or Somthing Simular - This means it is Locked to the original Network you have just Came Off.

If You Need it Simfree'd Let Me know and I will See What I Can Do For You

Advertisement