Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone RTG upgrade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Curious81

I know, its ridiculous. I was a Vodafone customer for over 10 years and just recently changed to o2 because Vodafone gave me absolutely no incentive to stay with them when upgrading my phone.

daheff wrote: »
    customer retention at its best :mad:
    Indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Noticed on their website that if you upgrade your phone and state that you are a customer looking to move to vodafone you get 120Eur of free call credit, whereas if you say you are an existing customer you only get 5Eur

The cost of the phones is also cheaper!

Porting over:

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/prepay/prepayporting/index.jsp?manufacturerSelected=ALL

current customer

https://www.vodafone.ie/df/prepay/upgrade/index.jsp?manufacturerSelected=ALL

customer retention at its best :mad:

One can save money with the upgrades, Take the Nokia 2630, tis €59.99 plus €5 call credit for an upgrade for existing prepay customers.

But convert fronm O2 and the phone is €39.99 with some call credit.

So one can save €14.99 with the following
    • Go to 02 site, get free O2 sim
    • Order phone with Vodafone as a migrating O2 customer.

When the phone comes, just put your existing voda sim in and you have the phone for €39.99 with no free call credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

When the phone comes, just put your existing voda sim in and you have the phone for €39.99 with no free call credit.
    I like it, surely there must be other tricks too. e.g. I use RTG and am not too attached to any company, I am on vodafone but if I was on O2 I might change to vodafone to get that "new customer" benefit, then when the credit runs out move back again, to whatever company has the best deal for new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

One can save money with the upgrades, Take the Nokia 2630, tis €59.99 plus €5 call credit for an upgrade for existing prepay customers.

But convert fronm O2 and the phone is €39.99 with some call credit.

So one can save €14.99 with the following
    • Go to 02 site, get free O2 sim
    • Order phone with Vodafone as a migrating O2 customer.

I am pretty sure that this won't work. In fact, I know for a fact that it shouldn't work..

The best bet would be to port your existing number to O2 and then port back to Vodafone.

I am pretty sure that this won't work. In fact, I know for a fact that it shouldn't work..

Well it does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

The best bet would be to port your existing number to O2 and then port back to Vodafone.

Is that what GerardKeating is saying to do...except instead of porting twice you are just porting once..but opening a new phone number with o2?

only catch could be that your free credit goes to the new number instead of the old one

Is that what GerardKeating is saying to do...except instead of porting twice you are just porting once..but opening a new phone number with o2?

only catch could be that your free credit goes to the new number instead of the old one

Depends on what you mean by "catch"

The "normal" upgrade for existing users, is €59.99 plus €5 call credit, my "option" is a phone for €39.99 with no credit, still a saving of €15.

If one normally topped by by over €40 a month, one could spread the top-up over the two sims (your existing and the Upgraded one) and spread the outgonig calls over the two sims.

Advertisement