Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know good spots for breakfast?

• 10-07-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone know any good spots for breakfast in ennis? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The Food Emporium would be my choice. TJ's a caterer and he's got higher standards than the usual pub breakfast.

It's across the road from Tesco and left a hundred yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

YUM is pretty good. Market square, up summerhill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

peppermill, quin rd ind estate.
    Not the nicest location but really good food and a decent fry -good coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I'm fond of the sherwood in tescos'
    potato cake ummmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The Sherwood in the Tesco shopping Ctr. May Carneys in Lifford do a good pub breakfast. JDs do excellet value in the Market. Almers Rest in Turnpike also a favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

BOBBY wrote: »
    I'm fond of the sherwood in tescos'
    potato cake ummmmmm

Couldn't agree more!! Love their potatoe cake!!
    Great value too and during the building boom was full of builders -no better advert than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭palaver

Maybe a bit OT, but why do you go out for breakfast? Why not having one at home?

For lunch or any snack or coffee break in Ennis I certainly would recommend TJ's Food Emporium. One of the few decent and reliable places in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

There's a cafe where bewleys used to be across from carrig donn, I think its called cafe aroma. Perfect hangover b'fast. yum yum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

Cushla wrote: »
    There's a cafe where bewleys used to be across from carrig donn, I think its called cafe aroma. Perfect hangover b'fast. yum yum.

+1

Peppermill is worth a shot but Yum is best Sunday morning remedy.

Cushla wrote: »
    Definitally, had many a large hangover breakfast there. Excellent value as well and proper coffee. the only drawback is that you have to haul your self up two flights of stairs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Give me the sherwood anyday, tasty food at proper prices

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Jafin

Sherwood gets my vote too simply for the potato cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭gailgo

thats my vote got too the sherwood , every where else is way over priced
    and at the end of the day they are alll cooked the same way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

The Food Emporium is pretty good

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    The Food Emporium is pretty good
    must try hhere is it a ball of greese like a lot of other places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

gailgo wrote: »
    must try hhere is it a ball of greese like a lot of other places
    very little grease, thats why I like it, places like JD's are disgusting with the amount of grease on the food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭golfball37

There's a particular girl of foreign extraction in the Food Emporium that just stops me from going there. She is extremely rude and feels everything you ask her is a chore. Its a pity because the food is smashing but me and at least 5 people I know all feel the same way and won't go there out of principle.

A JD fry is pretty nice with a hangover btw.

No one mentioned Micky D's. They do a smashing breakfast every morning before 10.30 :pac:

No one mentioned Micky D's. They do a smashing breakfast every morning before 10.30 :pac:
    is that not closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I think he meant Mc. Donalds as opposed to Mickey D's which was opposite O'Briens.

Food Emporium do have slightly iffy service alright if you get the wrong person. Comes recommended mostly if you're not in a hurry. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

golfball37 wrote: »
    There's a particular girl of foreign extraction in the Food Emporium that just stops me from going there. She is extremely rude and feels everything you ask her is a chore. Its a pity because the food is smashing but me and at least 5 people I know all feel the same way and won't go there out of principle.

A JD fry is pretty nice with a hangover btw.

Ah, she's great! You and your friends need to lighten up a little. Everything you ask her IS a chore and give me her any day over false effusiveness. Though I wish they would try a bit harder to even the floor or the chair legs, or both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Depends what you're after but JD's on Market Square/Chapel Lane isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

If time is on you'r side,
    The Monk's Well in quin do a fine breakfast.

Advertisement