Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Jump drive calculations

Options
  • 10-07-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way of knowing how far you can jump a capital ship?
    I understand from reading this guide to carriers that how far you can jump is measured in light years but not system jumps and that a single stargate jump might be 10 light years.

I haven't checked how many jumps from home my shiney new Thanatos is yet and I'd really not like to loose her on her maiden voyage! (save that for an hour or two later ;) ) . So how do I know how long / how many cyno jumps it'll take to get from point a to point b?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Well if you use the ingame map.. when your sitting in your carrier.. and you have the map flattened.. your jump range shows up as a sphere on the galaxy map.

http://www.eve-icsc.com/jumptools/jumpplanner.php Or just use this like the other 99% of eve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh mam, I'd butt rape you if you weren't so hairy.
    Mwah ^_^

Ok, its asking for
    "Jump Drive Calibration:
    Jump Fuel Conservation"

How the hell do I know what figures to put in there.

Seriously, I have frackin idea how jump drives work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Well they are extra skills you can train.. Jump drive calibration increases your maximum jump range, Jump Fuel Conservation reduces the amount of isotopes required to jump.

If you don't have those already trained to IV minimum i would go do that first before you even consider jumping anywhere :P

When you do.. then you enter lvl 4 in each of those boxes corresponding to teh skills ;)

Deadly buzz ^_^
    So I'm only about 2 jumps from home. That's pretty nifty, must start after DT this weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The jumpplanner is vital! Should be the page after the title page in the book of "So you got yourself a carrier/dread and or Titan alt"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh God you better not be in a capital ship while asking these questions!

Also, what the hell, I remember you starting Eve, are you in a carrier already?

I've been playing over nearly two years straight... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I...I can see your future...

It's...a carrier...a flaming wreck of a carrier...goons pee on the burning hulk and smack in local...

More seriously, are you not in a corp that can give you a full run down on all the do and don'ts and must haves for capital ships? If not...what does an individual do with a carrier without corp activities?

heh, I am. I was just one boards and didn't have access to EVE at the time.
    Plus I felt it was a topic worth discussing. Not everyone has all of the answers, I felt it worth its own topic so people could offer opposing views ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

how can you be in a carrier and not know the ****ING BASICS ?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Gneez wrote: »
    how can you be in a carrier and not know the ****ING BASICS ?

wow Settle down Shadoo Jr everyone gotta learn somehow sometime and watt better way than in a fiery crash :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

THATS LOSER TALK FALLEN

Advertisement