Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RUTHLESS OPPORTUNISM. FROM A PROMOTERS POINT OF VIEW

• 10-07-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

what dose anyone else think of this, me and a friend of mine where running a night together where we live for almost a year, just recently we had a falling out with owner over money, so we said we arent doing anymore gigs till we get our money, and only last week he gave me a call, and wanted me and my mate to come down and chat, he wanted us to come back and promote the night again but still wasnt intending on giving us the money we where owed, we told him unless we get the money we are owed we are doing nothing here again. so in the last couple of days the owner has decided to try and do the gig himself, but the only thing is, he's using the name of the night we had when it was going and is after setting up a new bebo page using the name we had. fare enough at times theres nights with similar or maybe even the same names. lets say for example rubberband moved out of the pod next week and then i moved in and started useing rubberband as the name of my night aswell in the same venue to maybe try and keep the same crowd, i feel sick in the pit of my stomach at the minute.

heres the bebo page please feel free to let rip. all support would be greatful

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9582676060

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

speak to a lawyer, dont post about it here until you have his advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tutter

I don't see what the problem is unless you trademarked the name, you have absolutely no claim to it, it was on his premises.

Fair enough he shafted you on money, but when you told him you're not doing it, you essentially gave up rights to it.

See a lawyer, but realistically I don't think you'll get anything out of it. The lawyers will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

there are two very separate issues here Rexx. One is the owing of the money. the other is using your night's name.

Unfortunately you only have a chance in rectifying the former.

Advertisement