Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What arcade games to buy

• 10-07-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I find myself with over 7000 points collected (don't ask), and not alot to buy.

I've already bought all the DLC for Burnout paradise, Fallout3, GTAIV, FarCry2, PGR4, Prince of Persia, Mass Effect and Deadspace (military pack and scorpion pack) plus a few themes I liked (ODST, Gears). I've also got arcade games bought such as Outrun, Ikaruga, Castlevania, SSF2 Turbo HD remix, Sam and Max, Assault Heroes 1/2, Scramble, LodeRunner, Timepilot, 1942, and I'll buy Monkey Island next week. Held off on BF1943 over connection issues. Haven't bought any mappacks either as not into multiplayer yet.

Anything else worth getting besides Braid which I know everyone will suggest ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Geometry Wars 1 and 2 (especially 2)
    Castle Crashers (great fun)
    Marble Blast Ultra (I must have put 30+ hours into this)
    Braid (as you said)

.... for starters. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks.

Forgot to add, I have GeomWars1,2 and Marble Blast Ultra already. Also got Zuma, the Fable II DLC's, and a few others I can't think of right now.

Am thinking I'll try the full game Fable (as I really liked Fable II and am still playing the bloody thing 40 hours later).

I'll try the demos of Castlecrashers and Braid again and reevaluate. Damn these points.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunstar Heroes if you haven't played it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Rez Hd

Fantastic game and well worth it

Cool. Gunstar Heroes and Rez HD added to list. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you like your fighting games get Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, samurai showdown 2 and Garou Mark of the Wolves. Make sure you have a decent joypad and someone to play against in the case of the SNK games since the online play on them is meant to be crap.

Thanks.

Yeah, I bought an ArcadeinaBox for SF4 before they stopped shipping out of the US. Still haven't got around to using it :D

http://www.aiabstore.com/product.sc;jsessionid=9246939545FFDBE7B39A6534E572EA9C.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=1&productId=7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Bionic Commando
    N+

And there are some good ones coming out soon so hold on to some of those points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I'll ad votes for
    Rez HD
    Bionic Commando: Rearmed
    N+

And suggest:
    Catan
    Carcassone
    Space Invaders Extreme
    Peggle (if you don't have it elsewhere)

Would suggest more, but tiredness and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Ashamed to say it but Magic is actually really good, got the trial as never played it before and was curious as to how the game worked, I thought it was like top trumps.Having played it for a week I have to admit its a great puzzle game and the online is very good.I'm worried now that I'll next be seen dressed up as an elf bothering people around the garden section of Tescos, throwing random cards at them,while soiling my trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Worms and Worms 2, both extremely enjoyable

mika27 wrote: »
    Bionic Commando
    N+

+1 fantastic games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 agriffin

Paddy_B wrote: »
    Worms and Worms 2, both extremely enjoyable
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Get monkey island special edition next week. you will not regret it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 TheMeatMan

try bankshot billiards 2 its a great little game when you dont use the shot lines and play in 3D view

Advertisement