Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to adopt a puppy?

• 10-07-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if people could suggest places or sites that I could locate pups for adoption. Looking for small to medium size dogs. so any places people can suggest would be brilliant.

:)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sumse

try donedeal.ie. i found my puppy there.
    just be careful that you dont buy of a puppyfarm, they advertise there too.

good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Dogs? As in the plural?
    How many are you looking to adopt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

If you're looking to adopt, then check out irishanimals.ie, they have the country divided into counties and most of the rescues use it to show the dogs they have available for adoption on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Your location says carlow/tipp so there are a good few rescues in that area.
    Puppyrescue kilkenny, paws,cottagerescue.ie and as said irishanimals.ie has a list of lots of other places. Also check out the north tipp co council site there should be dogs in the pound there looking for homes. There's also kilkenny pound itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Dogs? As in the plural?
    How many are you looking to adopt?

No no just looking for the one haha, just a typo more than anything. Really just want to get a puppy of some sort, preferably small to medium in size.

Thanks to everybody that has posted here, much appreciated because I would much prefer to adopt a pup then pay for one for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

If you adopt a pup, you'll still be expected to make a donation to help cover some of the costs the rescue group has incurred in caring for the puppy - e.g. vaccinating, worming defleaing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

hey Tom,

we got our dog from http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/ their in Kiltegan. I could bring you if you want. They have a minimum donation of €100.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    hey Tom,

we got our dog from http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/ their in Kiltegan. I could bring you if you want. They have a minimum donation of €100.

Ya might do, will enquire into there to see what they have on offer (yes i'm aware that sounds terrible but i couldn't think of a better way of phrasing it really)

There are also dogs in need of new homes here, a Sheltie, a Labrador, and 2 Boxer sisters.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054958719&page=85

There are also dogs in need of new homes here, a Sheltie, a Labrador, and 2 Boxer sisters.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054958719&page=85

Ya saw these but all slightly on the big size for me really

• Advertisement

So is it Jack Russell size you're looking for? I know of 2 Jacks that need a home.... not that I'm hinting or anything innocent.gif

So is it Jack Russell size you're looking for? I know of 2 Jacks that need a home.... not that I'm hinting or anything innocent.gif

Haha ya about that size - not the biggest jack russell fan but if there were a pic of them it would be great thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a note - please put all animals looking for a home in the Good homes thread stickied at the top of the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ciarak7511

Tom10 wrote: »
    Was wondering if people could suggest places or sites that I could locate pups for adoption. Looking for small to medium size dogs. so any places people can suggest would be brilliant.

:)

Thanks

Buy and Sell have dogs, it's worth checking out the rescue dogs cos there are a lot of puppies without homes

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

Dogs Trust near Charlestown Shopping Centre/Ashbourne have a puppy section but have a lot of small dogs up for adoption too. We got our dog there, they were great. It was 80 Euros to adopt, she was neutered, chipped & we got 3 months free pet insurance and big bag of dry food to start us off. Good luck! Its so nice to "rescue" an animal, she has made our house a home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm sure the OP has found a dog by now, seeing this thread is almost a year old ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

Somebody asked on another thread and I pointed out

http://www.buyandsell.ie/categories/rescue-dogs

When I saw it they had ASH and some other SPCAs on it. There loads of local socities though so really your best bet is typing in your county and rescue dogs or SPCA and some local shelter will come up.

Oh and Pauline's Animal Rescue in Cork is really good, they have a page on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

If you're looking for a puppy have a look at this site, esp if you on facebook, they post up all their doggies and some are just fab
    http://www.facebook.com/lspca.rescue

They really do take great care of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm sure the OP has found a dog by now, seeing this thread is almost a year old ;).

Nope, my mistake, 2009 was 2 years ago :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Nope, my mistake, 2009 was 2 years ago :P

You really are behind the times aren't you:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement