Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. 5 Dublin bus stop - where on O' Connell St.?

Options
  • 10-07-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Where exactly is the number 5 bus stop on O' Connell St? Need to get it to go towards Ballsbridge.

Also, to get off at RDS, it looks like the fare is €2.20 - does that sound correct?

Sorry, such a jackeen :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I think it's near the north end, outside the Telecom / Irish Aid building - the building in the center of this map.

You can also get the 4, 4A and 7 from that stop to Ballsbridge - they're a *lot* more frequent that the 5 and follow the same route to Ballsbridge.

I'm not sure about the fare though but I would have guessed €1.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Opposite Easons I think, outside the Londis there. Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

This is a pet peeve of mine. Why don't Dublin Bus just put up signs at all their O'Connell Street bus stops telling you where the other stops are. The number of times I've wandered up and down the street trying to figure out where the bus I'm looking for stops! Especially since they seem to move them every six months :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They used to have exactly that when the stops were moving around during the redevelopment. I don't know why they moved the signs once the moving had stopped.

They also used to have a page on their website showing the location of the stops, but it's gone too, or very well hidden. I'll email them and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you're still looking for were the No.5 stops buzz55, it stops on O'Connell Bridge now, passed the stop yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement