Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying with the pram

Options
  • 10-07-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I posted this on the Travel forum but should have posted it here I spose!

Anyway,
    We are bringing the ( what will be 3 month old ) away with us to Lisbon for a week so will need to bring the pram.

Anyone any experience of taking a full pram which doesn't fold too well on an AerLingus flight ?

Ta
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

What kind of pram is it???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

its called a cosatto cabi - doesnt fold too small (didn't think we'd be flying with it)

cosattocabiScarlet2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Would it be possible to buy another pram, maybe even second and to go with?

http://www.nurseryvalue.com/viewproduct.aspx?prod=77&src=71

This is supposed to be really light. My friend recently bought one and swears by it.

ETA: The carry cot obviously detaches from the frame? Does it fold flatter then?

jeeze we've only had it three weeks - I'm not sure I want to buy another just to go on holidays with !

Yes the cot comes off the frame and the frame does fold fairly flat but the cot remains as is in photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

You can check it in with your luggage or you can fold it for the flight crew at the checkin desk and they can advise you as to can you use it until you board your flight.

I usually check the pram at boarding but if yours doesn't fold small enough it will have to be checked in with your luggage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Ivona Tinkle

Its fine just check in the pram and when you are getting off the flight they will have the pram on the runway for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

RobAMerc wrote: »
    its called a cosatto cabi - doesnt fold too small (didn't think we'd be flying with it)

cosattocabiScarlet2.jpg

Hi, its fine, airline will take it no probs. Its a normal size pram.

thanks all,

think I will put the cot in a black sack and send it and the frame through - I'll carry his nibs in the sling onto the plane.

Thanks again for the info

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I think you could avoid paying the baggage costs if you wanted.

I brought a Bugaboo to Portugal last month on Aer Lingus and they took it and every other type of baby transport device at the gate.

We had ours in a huge (borrowed) travel case (placed in there at the last minute), but with yours you could consider folding the wheels and just using a travel strap to keep that and the cot parts together. It's also less likely to get wrecked than if you were to send it off to the main hold without some form of case.

Advertisement