Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway surfers

Options
  • 10-07-2009 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Anyone here know whats going on with Galway surfers club?
    The email updates stopped a couple of weeks ago and their site is down now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Bump!!!!

What happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fiachy

There's a galway surfers club? since when? do they go surfing often? a lift might be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

ya they used to meet up every weds at 7.30 near grattan beach and go out for paddles and dvd's and stuff. havent got any emails recently tho. you should join the nuig surf club, dont need to be in nuig I've being going on their trips for last 4 years they're the best weekends ever.great crew and only 60e for the weekend including accomodation/return bus galway-can't go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

fiachy wrote: »
    There's a galway surfers club? since when? do they go surfing often? a lift might be nice!!

apparently not

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Turns out they were having website problems. Back now anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 donncha foley

Hi, yep the website is back up, we couldn't access emails for updates but all sorted now. We will probably be having a meeting in the near future to look at how the club operates and would welcome any comments feedback etc.

Donncha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭mechwarrior

do bodyboarders count ?

Of course, all are welcome to sign up.. You can register on the website galwaysurfers.com.

Donncha

good stuff - i'll do that in a minute

good swell coming to lahinch this weekend - is everybody making it ?

i won't be getting my board in time so i'll have to try and find something - yesterday was at riverdeepmountainhigh and they had this unknown brand board selling for 89e... robbery in pure daylight...

... i might take my chances and try to find something in lahinch - are the stores any good ? i rang a couple and they didn't seem very keen to help me over the phone and their websites have pretty much nothing on

is the forum at the page dead ? is it working at all ?

no one really stops around here much right ? or am i missing the entire picture ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 W00LEY

Anyone heading to fanonre this weekend? I am hopefully going this evening and tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Heading to Lahinch/Spanish point this weekend myself. Hopefully get a few sessions between the couple of days. :D

i was thinking about going tomorrow but there's this airsoft thingy happening

on sunday, though, i was thinking about heading somewhere after i finish work at 1 (or 12) - i would like to see achill but wouldn't mind going to lahinch - not that i'm getting much since i'm still using a bodyboard bigger than my size

... end up going to enniscrone and met SD (surfer dude - sorry, can't remember your name - dennis right?) had a long journey back home and i knew i was going to get lost (which happened) so i didn't stay for long...

... anyway, got a few good waves - wrecked from all the duckdiving but i think i might be going back when i finish work here at one...

p.s. - feels good to be back in the water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 W00LEY

New to this:

Can anyone tell me when is the best time to surf in fanore?
    Best tide, wind direction .....

Magicseaweed has lahinch

goodswell but 26 mph NW wind, will fanore be completely blown out, anywhere near galway sheltered enough to surf this evening, or works well with NW or W wind??

Thanks Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Fanore will be dangerous today, as will lahinch.

Best bet would be to drive out the coast road from galway and check the beaches.

Start with Silver Strand, there might be some small waves there this evening what with the big southwest swell and west wind. Be careful though, gale warning in effect, even carrying your board down the beach poses a risk!

i was today in keel and it was good for a while (i'd say from 4 to 5) - then it died... but a couple good waves so happy out :D 90mile drive for 4 good waves... you gotta love the sport...

anyone going this weekend ? my car doesn't seem very good for long trips so i was wondering if i could get a lift with someone from galway - i'll throw money for petrol, of course

hm... what's up with the website ? i think i forgot my username/password too

Hi, just wanted to let people know that the Galway Surfers club has finished us an official Irish Surfing Association club, but we have set up a facebook group for anyone that might be interested. The website galwaysurfers.com has been closed.

• Advertisement

Sorry meant to say the Facebook is called Galway Surfers if you are looking for it.

Advertisement