Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craziest hand you have ever been involved in.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    tilt's a funny thing

http://www.holdemmanager.net
    NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer Game#30409840627

Dictius ($119)
    MrPlough19 ($110)

MrPlough19 posts (SB) $0.25
    Dictius posts (BB) $0.50

Dealt to MrPlough19 Ks 8s
    MrPlough19 raises to $1.50
    Dictius raises to $4.50
    MrPlough19 calls $3

FLOP ($9) 6d Ts 8h
    check, check,

TURN ($9) 6d Ts 8h 7d
    check, check,

RIVER ($9) 6d Ts 8h 7d 9d
    check,
    MrPlough19 bets $30
    Dictius raises to $115 (AI)
    MrPlough19 calls $76.15 (AI)

MrPlough19 shows Ks 8s
    (Flop 82.6%, Turn 69.3%)

Dictius shows 3d Qd
    (Flop 17.4%, Turn 30.7%)

Dictius wins $220

also I instasnapcalled river

Wow thats horrible. time for a break after that 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Online: recent donkament. I raise utg+1 with QQ. Table donk calls in late pos (range: almost any 2).

Flop Q82 rainbow. Villain is overaggro bluff maniac so I trap check. He pots it. I call, knowing he'll fire any turn. Turn is a 6. Check, pot. Figuring I'm more likely to get the rest in now than the river I ship. He snaps with AJ.

Live: CHL's monthly. I raise AQ utg. Shortie ships in the blinds, I call. He has QQ. Flop Q33. Turn 3. River 3. Weirdest ting about the hand is before the turn was dealt, Luke predicted running 3's.

Damn I ran good back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭BloodyDeath

Preflop allin.
    AA with AKs flop brings rainbow with a spade turn spade river spade. i went to make the final table so i think it was worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

playing omaha 5 10 flop 67k money goes in i have 66 xx turn 6 ye say i river 7 then i see money going over to other guy with 7777 .:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

doke wrote: »
    Damn I ran good ALL THE TIME.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭barrera

Online tournie, I pushed pre-flop with 77, two more all-ins after me, JJ and TT shown.

Flop JT7

Turn 7 :)

Luckily no J or T on river to complete the perfect story! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

8d9d on button 2 caller i raise 4xbb sb bb both call as do other 2,
    flop 10dJsQs sb raises bout half pot every1 calls i reraise 2 n half times tat number bout 1 3rd of my stack sb pushes n 2 callers i tink long n hard n convince myself drs an AK out there n fold, sb has QhKc next guy Jh10h next guy 9c7s
    turn 7d river 6d i sit depressed speechless vowin to quit forever...again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

Cash game 50/1. I have 77. Flop comes down 733. 1 guy is all in on the flop with (AK) and is drawing to running AA or KK. Turn is a 2. Me and the other guy get it all in and he turns over 22. River 2 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Not wow or anything, but the hand that had the most significance for me at the time was when I was only starting to take the game seriously. Somehow managed to get AA in vs AA in the Jackpot for a €800 pot when my entire roll came to less than €2k. Other guy had the Ah. Flop had 2 hearts. Ross Johnson sees the pot on the next table and starts calling for hearts. It worked. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

TommyGunne wrote: »
    Not wow or anything, but the hand that had the most significance for me at the time was when I was only starting to take the game seriously. Somehow managed to get AA in vs AA in the Jackpot for a €800 pot when my entire roll came to less than €2k. Other guy had the Ah. Flop had 2 hearts. Ross Johnson sees the pot on the next table and starts calling for hearts. It worked. :(

wp ross imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Played a pretty nuts hand against conor doyle where we got it in on the turn for around a 3k pot with a gutshot and pair draw vs Ace high. first time dermot ever played that game and when all the money went in said "aces vs kings lads?" eh not quite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Trippie wrote: »
    Played a pretty nuts hand against conor doyle where we got it in on the turn for around a 3k pot with a gutshot and pair draw vs Ace high. first time dermot ever played that game and when all the money went in said "aces vs kings lads?" eh not quite

lol I remember that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

TommyGunne wrote: »

I did a similar thing to Mclovin when he was all in AA vs AA against Broomfield! Conor's nonchalant attitude as he flushed out was hilarious and put Fogell on life tilt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Shivverz

This from 5 mins ago will do me! http://www.pokerhand.org/?4484943P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Craziest hand?

Well, got ten-ten four times in the same tourney. Forced to go all in each time (mostly pre-flop).
    Two wins, two losses (the last knocking me out against jack-jack and ace-king, no improvment for any of us).

Very strange, but I often find the same hands turn up... for better or worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

played on stars few nites ago n 3 of d sickest hands i seen finally convinced me stars was rigged first 2 i was in n lost bothall all in pre flops btw

77 vs A8 flop AA7 runner 3's

1010vs AK flop AA10 runner 8's!!!

den d sickest 1 which i wasn in tank god lol

AK vs QQ flop AAK turn Q river Q cudn believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jamser58

super182 wrote: »
    played on stars few nites ago n 3 of d sickest hands i seen finally convinced me stars was rigged first 2 i was in n lost bothall all in pre flops btw

77 vs A8 flop AA7 runner 3's

1010vs AK flop AA10 runner 8's!!!

den d sickest 1 which i wasn in tank god lol

AK vs QQ flop AAK turn Q river Q cudn believe it

Its not fixed,this sh* happens in the game!
    Such is poker!
    Live cash 1/2 i get it in with QQ for a +200 pot
    I flop a set q 7 4 flop
    He tables 10 10
    (he has no straight/flush draw!
    Turn ten and I somehow feel uneasy.
    River TEN!!!
    my guts were on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Shivverz wrote: »
    This from 5 mins ago will do me! http://www.pokerhand.org/?4484943P

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Cash Game: Ive got 55 on an AAQ board 3 handed. Checked around...5 on the turn and we all get it in.
    AQ V A9 V 55. Player next tell me calls for "any old 5 in the deck"
    Dealer obliges.

Tourney: Ive got KK on a KQx flop. Get it all in on the flop Vs two opponents.
    The other 2 have AA and QQ.

Online: Ive got AcKc on an AxKxJc board. all in against opponent. who has pocket Jacks. turn and river bring the royal flush.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

say he spewed after that one shiv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

Cash game at the Irish Open 2009. Pretty sure villian posts here as do other people who were at the table. Only about a 300 pot but still pretty unusual.

9 handed 1/2 cash game. I am in the BB with 22, SB is experienced tight aggressive player who plays the Fitz and Jackpot cash games alot.

Folds around to small blind who calls. I raise to 7 - he calls.

Flop comes JJ2. All I'm afraid of here is JJ, pretty unlikely given he didnt reraise PF. Now I'm just thinking how can I get his 150 into the pot. He bets the pot. I think and reraise, trying to make him think that I think that he's just bluffing. I raise, he reraises, I reraise, he pushes, I call.

Villian shows J2 - all i could do was laugh ! Took it back off him about 1/2 an hour later anyway . . . :p

This is too crazy to be a bad beat.

Got Ace-Jack. Hate Ace-Jack, it always trips me up.
    Blinds are about 500-1000. I've got about 10,000.

UTG raises it to 3,000 i think
    I call.
    Button calls.

Flop: Ace-Jack-Five

UTG goes all-in for about 12,000
    I call.
    Button calls.

UTG turns over Ace-Jack.
    I turn over Ace-Jack
    Button turns over Five-Five.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

This is too crazy to be a bad beat.

Got Ace-Jack. Hate Ace-Jack, it always trips me up.
    Blinds are about 500-1000. I've got about 10,000.

UTG raises it to 3,000 i think
    I call.
    Button calls.

Flop: Ace-Jack-Five

UTG goes all-in for about 12,000
    I call.
    Button calls.

UTG turns over Ace-Jack.
    I turn over Ace-Jack
    Button turns over Five-Five.

Yea, its not a bad beat, its terrible play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

pocketdooz wrote: »
    Cash game at the Irish Open 2009. Pretty sure villian posts here as do other people who were at the table. Only about a 300 pot but still pretty unusual.

9 handed 1/2 cash game. I am in the BB with 22, SB is experienced tight aggressive player who plays the Fitz and Jackpot cash games alot.

Folds around to small blind who calls. I raise to 7 - he calls.

Flop comes JJ2. All I'm afraid of here is JJ, pretty unlikely given he didnt reraise PF. Now I'm just thinking how can I get his 150 into the pot. He bets the pot. I think and reraise, trying to make him think that I think that he's just bluffing. I raise, he reraises, I reraise, he pushes, I call.

Villian shows J2 - all i could do was laugh ! Took it back off him about 1/2 an hour later anyway . . . :p

it really shouldn't take that many raises to get it in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭pocketdooz

it really shouldn't take that many raises to get it in

Ye, maybe the amount of raises I included exceeded the actual amount. Point is we were both 100% sure we had the nuts. Just delighted he had only got 150 in front of him (I had about 700 and it all would have gone in)

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    Yea, its not a bad beat, its terrible play.

Terrible how? Could have re-raised pre-flop I suppose.
    UTG was loose by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Shove or fold preflop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭horsebox1

In the Clonsilla Inn last week.
    Pocket AA utg blinds 150/300 I pop it to 850, BB calls
    - Flop 29T BB checks I bet 1500, BB insta shove for rest of his 4k I call
    - he hits set of twos on flop!!!!

It gets worse:eek:
    With half my stack left approx 6k.
    Very next hand, again i get AA on the BB, get raised from the button to 1k, I re-raise to 3k (thinking I couldn't be put on aces straight away!) Button calls.
    - flop is rainbow Qd8s5c (fairly safe) I check with intention to raise, button shoves first, I call for rest of my 3k.
    - Button shows Kd Jd :eek: I show AcAd
    - Turn 6d
    - River 2d (OMFG!!!!!) Busto........to a miracle flush!:confused:

Does any one know the odds of being dealt AA twice in a row?

Terrible how? Could have re-raised pre-flop I suppose.
    UTG was loose by the way.

Its a shove or fold situation, and if UTG is loose then shove as your hand figures to be better than his.

• Advertisement

horsebox1 wrote: »
    Does any one know the odds of being dealt AA twice in a row?

48,841 to 1

Advertisement