Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car photoshoot / Rig shots

• 10-07-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭

Following on from Brndn's post in the random photo thread here, we met up earlier this week and shot some pics of our cars. Brndn has a rig set up and the brilliant 10-20mm sigma lens. Without these i could never have got the rig shots i always wanted to try.

Comments appreciated and click for larger size

1)
    3705691009_7fac8fcea8.jpg

2)
    [URL="hhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/longshanks100/3706500674/sizes/l/in/set-72157606259818926/"]3706500674_88bb3bc284.jpg[/URL]

3)
    3705691917_808cfac816.jpg

4)
    3707516176_bf5da27022.jpg

5) Behind the scenes!
    3707523256_ef322e54b7.jpg

6) Brndn's rig set up
    3706702119_496b4d40f9.jpg

Brndn should be along shortly with a few more pics that he took!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Great stuff lads ! Have been to an engineering firm down here about building a new one for myself as my current one just isn't long enough. Seen Brendans ones on his Flickr, awesome stuff altogether !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Great shots and thanks for posting a shot of the rig :)

Is someone saw you while no.5 was being taken,I'd assume they'd be disturbed,Two men pushing good condition(Not like they've broken down or anything!) cars down the road...:pac: Not like they've broken down or anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Great shots and thanks for posting a shot of the rig :)

Is someone saw you while no.5 was being taken,I'd assume they'd be disturbed,Two men pushing good condition(Not like they've broken down or anything!) cars down the road...:pac: Not like they've broken down or anything!

Actually somebody did drive past. Funny looks all around :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Cool shots, great to see people getting out and shooting together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

This was good fun, fair play to Longshanks for coming along and getting stuck in! This would be even cooler if we had a mountain road backdrop like Top Gear! Heres some of my ones...

3704394546_7d32f916ec.jpg

2. (previously randomed)
    3703316335_7c86e9b574.jpg

The next step I suppose is to composite a shot from each of our cameras together to get both cars sharp, as Longshanks has his car sharp - rig was mounted to his car for his shot, and vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

very cool , nice work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

One more!
    3709661838_8dee5bf0e0.jpg
    Again with the Shot with the rig, but my kit lens @ 18mm

This is one of my favorites because of the light streams, but is also the one im least happy with because the edit work after was so difficult and its not 100% sharp.... We got lazy and im actually driving rather than pushing the car - leads to lot more vibrations :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

One more!

Again with the Shot with the rig, but my kit lens @ 18mm

This is one of my favorites because of the light streams, but is also the one im least happy with because the edit work after was so difficult and its not 100% sharp.... We got lazy and im actually driving rather than pushing the car - leads to lot more vibrations :D

This would be my favourite shot longshanks, if only it was sharp!! Really nice set! :)

Just thought I'd bump this as its the official rig shots thread !

Just published a blog post about a recent promotional shoot I done for Prodrift & Monster Energy drink. Some behind the scenes images and a walk-through of the shots for those that are interested !

3800791767_396b9636ab_o.jpg

More here ...
    http://www.pmcgphotos.com/automotive/prodrift-monster-academy-cars.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bump this as its the official rig shots thread !

Just published a blog post about a recent promotional shoot I done for Prodrift & Monster Energy drink. Some behind the scenes images and a walk-through of the shots for those that are interested !

More here ...
    http://www.pmcgphotos.com/automotive/prodrift-monster-academy-cars.html
    Thanks for that Paddy, really enjoyed that read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Great stuff Paddy, and deadly write up in the blog. Getting two cars in a rig shot is such a pain, but you nailed it! The second rig shot in the blog is especially sharp, did you try to match the speed or did you composite shots?

Just gave the 'chase' driver a point behind the other car to stick to and got lucky !

Advertisement