Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog lice/nits help

Options
  • 10-07-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

our rather ageing king charles spaniel seems to be littered with the buggers :(

especially his lower back

I have got some special shampoos and done all the washing and steam cleaned his bedding, and replaced the mat he used to sit on with a new one, but less than a week after his last wash his is as bad as ever.

what to do? we also have a cat and they sleep together a lot, is this a problem? the cat has never been washed, but we have gave her them drops to kill worms etc.

what to do..?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Vet jobbie methinks! The Frontline spot on treatment is usually very good, you can get that from your vet, but I would bring both cat and dog in for a checkover so they can identify the crawlies....may not be fleas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

If it's lice, the spot on doesn't work as well as the Frontline spray. There's two types of lice, one that bites and one that chews dead skin cells and the chewing one isn't treated as effectively with the spot on. My guy tends to pick up a few of these at times, the vet said they're really more common in the country, but we do have some very untended areas where we walk with a lot of undergrowth, so I suspect he picks them up there.

Advertisement