Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No urgency ?

Options
  • 10-07-2009 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

How come FF saw our current economic crisis as severe enough to bring forward a budget by a few months, then add another budget, and in the meantime commission a report via "An Bord Snip", and then.....

......feck off on holidays without actually debating it / acting on it ?

How come they can make decisions that affect us and OUR pockets, while commissioning "reports" as to how to affect their own ?

And where's the urgency gone ?

It's hardly "conspiracy theory" to be of the opinion that when it affects the average Joe, it's full-steam-ahead, but when it affects public "servants" and TDs pay, it's "it'll hold, let's leave it for a while, while we feck off on holidays as if there was no crisis".

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

you actually sound surprised?

I'm more in 'FF in incompetence/complacency shocker' mode

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

I have to say that I personally find this to be very insulting to the public. While I dont generally agree with Gilmore its quite obvious that they simply sat on the report as long as they could. The way the government is acting is despicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Well, since we're their EMPLOYERS we should be entitled to say "Get yer f**king sorry and pathetic arses back into work".

There are THOUSANDS of people whose employers have asked them to do extra work for no extra pay because of the current climate; why should OUR EMPLOYEES be any different ?

Shower of self-serving SCUMBAGS!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

There has been a number of editorial comments by newspapers along the line that the report from Board snip is going to be so hard on the public that FF are deliberately holding it back till after the re-run of the referendum treaty.

This would not surprise me. It would the typical dirty tactic that FF would pull.
    They know and fear a backlash from the public that would/will(?) come and they might just vote "No" (well enough of them anyway) to reject the Lisbon Treaty a second time.

...and this is before the next mini-budget we might get before December!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

With all dues respect...the Cabinet will debate the report this week, and given that the cabinet will have the final say on which conclusions of the report are implemented and which ones aren't, there's no urgency whatsoever in bringing it to the House, given that the majority of decisions in it will be primed for summer feasability analysis, September/October final decisions, December announcement and January implementation.

Get over yourselves. You'd swear they're going to spend the next 12 weeks on the Riviera and the report was just going to be binned.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement