Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A newbie intoducing himself and a few questions.

Options
  • 10-07-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi my names Ben im 13 and I got into airsoft a few months ago from one of my dads friends who showed me his AEGs and let me take a few shots from them. Right now I have a classic army M15 A4 which I bought from Main Irish Airsoft a few months ago. All that I do right now with it is shoot targets in my back garden but am hoping to do my first skirmish soon. My dad and I do a lot hunting so I am able benefit from all the equipment he has like camoflauge scopes and much more that can be useful for skirmishing. I have a few questions which I hope you will be able to answer for me. :o

1. Since I know that I like airsoft and want to expand my loadout I was thinking of buying the classic army g36c with a mp5k as a sidearm.

2. I live in the Dun Laoghaire area so where would the closest airsoft skirmishing site be that would let a 13 year old play.

3. How often sould you oil an AEG.

4. I saw a red dot sight on the main irish airsoft website for about 40 euro and was wondering if this would be good for the g36c if I was to buy it.

Thank you for reading this and hope you will be able to help me.:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Hey Ben, welcome to the world of airsoft.

I'm no expert but I know my fair share so I'll try to answer your questions.
    Yes the camo and some other kit for hunting will be handy for airsoft.
    Most sites won't allow knives for obvious reasons so leave them at home.

Ok your first question..... Yes every airsofter gets the bug at some stage and want to buy EVERYTHING! But seen as you already have an aeg I would hold off on buying a second aeg until you get a feel for the options out there.
    You have to think practicly, it's very hard to carry lots of guns while skirmishing, they hit off each other and it's a lot of weight to carry about for hours.
    The best thing to do is get a few extra mags for your current aeg, 4 high caps should do or 6 mid caps.
    I would buy a gas blow back pistol to compliment your aeg, something like a glock, usp, m9 etc. You will need gas with this.
    It's easier to carry and they are fun to use.
    Definitley a better side arm option.
    By all means get an mp5 and or a g36 if you still want them but you can really only carry two guns at a time.

Not sure what site is nearest site to you bit I don't think there are any on public transport for you so you will probly need a lift.

The difference between airsoft and hunting is that phesants don't shoot back! Airsofters do!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Oh aeg barrels should be siliconed after every skirmish especially if it was rainy or muddy.

Sites are more for show than usability. They are hard to get perfectly zoned in.

Remember there are many places in Ireland to buy airsoft gear.
    Look at the retailers section and remember eBay and some of the Chinese websites.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Thanks for the reply I didint mean that i would be carrying both AEGs with me if I skirmish I meant that I would be carrying one assault rifle and a back up weapon hence why I said the MP5k would be good but I am not sure if I was to get a backup weapon wheter I should get the MP5k or a glock g17. Thanks for answering some of my questions and taking the time to reply back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'd get extra mags for your m4 and maybe a glock sidearm? Gas Handguns are great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Even though i dont have a Glock i would recommend getting one if you are looking for a sidearm as they are only 95-100 euro in most shops.If you want a good G36 get a JG or KWA as Classic Army are not the most reliable AEG out there,and as the G36 hold 470rd in the mags you would onle need about two or three.
    Hope that helps:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Hi mate,

You age could be a factor with new laws and a lot of sites.
    They may require you to have a parent with you or permisssion etc, and you wont be allowed buy your own gear
    due to your age with the new laws.

For the internet in general I'd advice you to Probably not post your age on public fourms lots of bad people out there!

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

bullets wrote: »
    Hi mate,

What the story with this now:confused:,i thought 14 was the minimum age on most sites:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

mle1324 wrote: »
    What the story with this now:confused:,i thought 14 was the minimum age on most sites:confused:

Apparently not - see:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61103637#post61103637

bullets wrote: »
    Hi mate,

They may require you to have a parent with you or permisssion etc, and you wont be allowed buy your own gear
    due to your age with the new laws.

For the internet in general I'd advice you to Probably not post your age on public fourms lots of bad people out there!

~B
    I think I have found a site in Dublin that lets thirteen year olds play as long as you have and adult with you and I know my dad wanted to do a skirmish so thats fine. The site is called the warehouse and im sure a few of you have heard of it. I was looking at the map for how to get there and seems to be the closest one I can find unincluding HRTA since they dont let thirteen year olds play.

I would say I will probaby get a glock 17 instead of the MP5k from what you are all saying and also it can make good practice using a pistol in the back garden since my dad has got a real pistol which I try to practice with whenever I can but obviously that can only be used at the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Hi Mate

The Warehouse is defiantly a good place to start you will have a blast:D, 12-14 year olds need to have an adult with them. Check the times on their website as they have recently stopped doing Sundays.
    As for kit I'd start with what you have & talk with others when your skimishing to decide what else you need.

• Advertisement

Gray wrote: »
    Hi Mate

The Warehouse is defiantly a good place to start you will have a blast:D, 12-14 year olds need to have an adult with them. Check the times on their website as they have recently stopped doing Sundays.
    As for kit I'd start with what you have & talk with others when your skimishing to decide what else you need.

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

what about getting a glock 18c full auto gbb pistol ,the rate of fire of the mp5k and the looks of a glock 17 all in one gun

Advertisement