Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Dublin 24

Options
  • 10-07-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭

I've got UPC's 10Mb Express from my house.
    It was installed around two weeks ago and was originally picking up 9.7Mb on Irish ISP Speed Test and Speedtest.net.

Now, today, I ran a test and found that I was reaching 2.5Mb download on Irish ISP and only 6.2Mb on Speedtest.net (Dublin Server). Who am I to trust?

Shouldn't I be getting my contention free 10Mb (9Mb+ will suffice) broadband?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 _Farrell

I've got UPC's 10Mb Express from my house.
    It was installed around two weeks ago and was originally picking up 9.7Mb on Irish ISP Speed Test and Speedtest.net.

Now, today, I ran a test and found that I was reaching 2.5Mb download on Irish ISP and only 6.2Mb on Speedtest.net (Dublin Server). Who am I to trust?

Shouldn't I be getting my contention free 10Mb (9Mb+ will suffice) broadband?

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the club! :p You have a internet connections up to 10Mbps! Your internet connections work correctly between 1Kbps and 10Mbps not more!
    Keep walking! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for your reply.

So, even though I was getting 9.6/7Mb, why would I go down in speed?
    They aren't purposefully reducing it, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Me and a friend have been only getting like 13mb the past week,
    but i still get like 20mb when using usenet which is weird.
    This is in Dublin 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

The best way to check your speed is download a file off heanet like http://ftp.heanet.ie/disk1/backtrack/bt4-beta.iso and see what the transfer rate is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

1200kb/s :( but if i download off usenet i get my full 20mb its weird haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

1200kb/s :( but if i download off usenet i get my full 20mb its weird haha

Very strange indeed

Advertisement