Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it hard to get vinyl?

• 10-07-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

howdy
    just wonderin is it hard to get vinyl these days.
    im askin because id like to get back into the decks.
    just listening to das boot and it makes me want the decks back.
    i sold mine years ago and have been sorry ever since.
    so is it hard to get vinyl or do i need to go cds,which i dont like,,you cant beat touching the records.:D

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Easier and cheaper than ever to get vinyl, once you buy online.

Dublin is pretty crap for buying vinyl but some great stores still exist in other cities. A favourite for me being Concerto in Amsterdam, well worth the visit if ever over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Easier and cheaper than ever to get vinyl, once you buy online.

Dublin is pretty crap for buying vinyl but some great stores still exist in other cities. A favourite for me being Concerto in Amsterdam, well worth the visit if ever over there.

thanks for the reply.
    thats good to hear.
    im down in the south east myself ans used to get my vinyl in bpm records but he gave up on the vinyl.
    i was thinkin of going back to all the o;dscool so id be hoping to get all them on vinyl and prob some new stuff aswell.
    thanks for the reply again

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah I bought some stuff in BPM a few times a few years ago... I used to be down in Waterford working from time to time and would have popped in there. A good shop in Cork actually too, pretty small but nice selection of electronica, can't remember the name now but I always make sure to drop in when I'm down.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Yeah I bought some stuff in BPM a few times a few years ago... I used to be down in Waterford working from time to time and would have popped in there. A good shop in Cork actually too, pretty small but nice selection of electronica, can't remember the name now but I always make sure to drop in when I'm down.

mad i used to work in dublin and pop down to a shop just off the quay down in a little archway. it was a tiny little place on the right hand side as you face the river.cant remember the name.was in afew other places too.wonder are they still there as its been a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

go into abbey disc's at its new location beside the central bank, got some gems in there the last few weeks, good asylum stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its possibly easier to buy vinyl online than it is CDs. CDs bought online, even off labels direct, will often be burnt rather than pressed and die after a stupidly short period of time these days. In shops in Dublin you're going to find little of either vinyl or CDs of any 'serious' genre of dance. Plenty of Cascada in HMV, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

i've loads of dnb on vinyl and loads of trance on mp3

planning to convert the vinyl to mp3 and eventually sell off, because thats digital is the way forward i think.

its not only cheaper to buy an mp3, its also easier to transport as you know.

still, its nice to have vinyl..but i'm living in apartment and its troublesome transporting this stuff when you have to move.

digital seems to be the future no matter the die hards out there who insist vinyl is not dead or dying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Check out discogs.com for second-hand hard-to-find records. I'd love to be able to hang on to vinyl, but it's just too much of a pain in the hole if you move around much (expensive, too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I buy alot of records from this guy on adverts. I seen this post and maybe some of you dance heads might be interested. I mainly buy rock,metal,punk of him and i have never had a problem. He only sells vinyl that is in good quality. Maybe someone here could be on the look out for something like this
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=115898&cat=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i recall an old music shop before you go over the ha' penny bridge before the arch building in that very narrow street there is a music store that does do vinyl and I think they might have tapes too...

Definitely worth a look but I'm not completely sure if they will do dance etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Martyr wrote: »
    i've loads of dnb on vinyl and loads of trance on mp3

planning to convert the vinyl to mp3 and eventually sell off, because thats digital is the way forward i think.

its not only cheaper to buy an mp3, its also easier to transport as you know.

still, its nice to have vinyl..but i'm living in apartment and its troublesome transporting this stuff when you have to move.

digital seems to be the future no matter the die hards out there who insist vinyl is not dead or dying.

Feel free to fire me over a list of your Dnb before you go selling it off!

;)

found a place across the water sellin vinyl and a place in amsterdam.
    http://www.recess.nl/vinyl nice one.

Advertisement