Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVCHD file naming/archiving

Options
  • 10-07-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any suggestions for efficient archiving of AVCHD files ? By archiving I don't mean the physical storage on DVD or HD, but rather the organisation and arrangement of them on whatever media I'm using.

I have ended up with loads of files called 00000.m2ts, 00001.m2ts, 00002.m2ts, etc . . . with a matching set of 00000.clpi, 00001.clpi. files in a load of directories. I know I can rename the directories from (say)
    K:\090709_1\PRIVATE\AVCHDL\BDMV\STREAM to something *a little* more meaningfull like
    K:\2009Holidays\PRIVATE\AVCHDL\BDMV\STREAM
    but in reality even this doesn't help a whole lot as the AVCHD path structure is a pain anyway. It also doesn't help a whole bunch when you have two sets of folders from the same event and they both have a different set of 00000.m2ts, 00001.mst2, etc . . . files

What I'm looking for (I guess) is a little tool which will take a directory structure and rename all the *.m2ts & *.clpi files (and any others I have missed) to match a mask I supply. So for example, 00000.m2ts becomes 2009holidays_00000.m2ts and the 00000.m2ts from my second folder becomes 2009holidays_00057.m2ts.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong question . . . what do other people do with the output from AVCHD camcorders in order to help them organise & structure them so they don't end up with hundred of files all with the same name but with different content ?

z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Ichi

hey there.

I just have a folder called 'VIDEO', inside which is a folder '2009'. Inside that I have a folder for each month with a number before the name so they stay in order - '01 Jan', '02 Feb' etc.
    Inside the month folder I date the clip - 'Mar16 - Cat chases Dog.MTS' or whatever. If I have more than one clip of the same event I stick them all in a new folder 'Mar16 - Cat chases Dog'.
    I use the same thing for my digital camera.

Those .MTS files sure do pile up quick!

Advertisement