Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tekken 6 Limited Edition bundle - US only?

• 10-07-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I was just having a look through the articles on SRK and came across a great article that exclusively, GameStop are offering a Tekken 6 bundle which comes with the game, limited edition fightstick and an art book.

Brilliant thing is, they said it would cost $150 which I believe would equate to around €80 so pretty good considering a stick is included so I wanted to ask, is this exclusive to US only or will this bundle be coming to Europe?

If it isn't coming to Europe, something I wanted to know is would the stick work with a PAL PS3? I know games are region free but not sure about the sticks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Leprekaun wrote: »
    they said it would cost $150 which I believe would equate to around €80 so pretty good considering a stick is included .

Yes, that is what it equates to when using a currency converter.

But companies don't use that.
    They use the "TeeHeeHee, I can mark this up ludicrously and then just blame the economy, TeeHeeHee" converter. Which means it will probably cost about 140 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

If that happens, I'll bitch slap GameStop and then for more pain, I'll get Dreddybajs's Zangief to bitch slap them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's IF this comes to Europe; as while this showed up in Gamestop US databases immediately, when I went to an Irish one they hadn't a clue what this thing is.

Oh well. Who's up for sticks with modded Sixaxis controllers? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Leprekaun wrote: »
    If that happens, I'll bitch slap GameStop and then for more pain, I'll get Dreddybajs's Zangief to bitch slap them too.

Haha! Yeah, these kind of offers don't seem to come to Europe much, and even if they did, the price would definitely be jacked up - that's the sad reality of it.

Yeah, I was just curious to see how much the TE fightstick and $150!? I mean, €80 isn't little but considering that it its £150 here, thats just sick.

Just out of curiousity though, are gaming peripherals region free too?

Hmmm... Maybe I'll move to the US in the long run :P

• Advertisement

Gaming peripherals are (almost always) region free, and Amazon seem to have TEs at £100 right now. Get one, quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lol try this price! fecking ridiculous 195 euro i mean who can afford 200 eurp for a game and stick nowadays? http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/10916818/Tekken-6-Limited-Edition/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

A bit gutted, but not surprised at, the price hike of the Tekken 6 LE. Some tournaments only allow wired sticks plus that T6 stick doesnt look at good as the SFIV TE.

It's Play.com, you shouldn't be surprised at the massive pricehike <__<

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's Play.com, you shouldn't be surprised at the massive pricehike <__<
    mr_kyle wrote: »
    A bit gutted, but not surprised at, the price hike of the Tekken 6 LE. Some tournaments only allow wired sticks plus that T6 stick doesnt look at good as the SFIV TE.

:rolleyes:

Amazon hiked the price of the HRAP EX up as well. Bought mine from Japan for £80, and last I checked I think it was £120 they were selling it for. Pretty harsh.

*edit* Play.com have the SFIV TEs for £100 too, ordered one for a friend.

• Advertisement

See, sad thing is that the HRAP/HRAP EX is now WORSE value than the MCTE, on account of having a lower feature set & quality.
    All it has now is a Sega Blast City layout.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    See, sad thing is that the HRAP/HRAP EX is now WORSE value than the MCTE, on account of having a lower feature set & quality.
    All it has now is a Sega Blast City layout.

Only worse value from Amazon :P All the features it does not have are very minor; lead storage and pause lock. A further £11 sorts out some sanwa buttons. I'd be changing the stick on a TE anyway as I prefer Seimitsu sticks. But with the TEs down to £100 being all Sanwa straight out of the box, thats too good for anyone who doesnt already own a quality stick. Its hardly a sad thing I don't quite get you.

*edit*
    To keep this on topic (as opposed to a stick value debate lol) I think I will be giving the LE of Tekken 6 a miss. Too much of a price hike for a stick I don't need.

Well, the reason why I'm intrigued by the offer is firstly, if it would cost €80, it would be well worth it as I don't have a stick and secondly, I'm intent on getting a US import of Blazblue so I'd like to use a stick for that too. Obviously, there would be a lot of speculation about the price (cheap stick) but it is a Hori and they do have a good name in the market so thats why I wouldn't be worried about the price.

Tbh though, I'd prefer if I could get it for €60. That little book with softcore hentai on the front isn't my cup of tea. Now, replace that with a copy of Playboy and I'll pay gladly :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I thought you were an xbox player Leprekaun?

Xbox Blazblue isn't region-free.

Well, something I was hoping of doing is since they may not ship it outside of the US, I'm thinking of joining a courier service called Aramex. Basically, they set up a mailbox in the US or UK for you so that you can buy something off the net, have it sent to your mailbox then the courier will post whatever you bought to you so its a pretty cool system for buying stuff that can't be normally shipped to Ireland.

Something which I'm concerned about though is that they forward the junk mail because they keep clearing the mailbox so they'd keep charging for shipping that. I guess the only way to resolve that would be to just discuss it with Aramex.

Advertisement