Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Street

• 10-07-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

The Street, Jimmy McGovern's powerful, multi-award-winning drama, returns to BBC One for an eagerly anticipated third series.

The show won British TV's top industry awards for two consecutive years, picking up both the 2007 and 2008 BAFTA and Royal Television Society Awards for best drama series, as well as international Emmys.

As with the first two series, McGovern has mentored up-and-coming writers to create uncompromising potent stories about people who live on the same street in the North West of England.

The cast list boasts Timothy Spall, reprising again his memorable role as the lovable Eddie. The high-calibre line-up also features: Bob Hoskins, Frances Barber, Anna Friel, Daniel Mays, Jonas Armstrong, Joseph Mawle, Stephen Graham and Ruth Jones.

Back on BBC Monday 13th of July

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This show is excellent. I've only started to watch it over the past few weeks. Stephen Graham is in it tonight (of This Is England/Public Enemies fame) and he's awesome so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

I knew I recognised the guy from last night before plus it had the girl from DinnerLadies and Shameless plus Nessa from Gavin and Stacey. Great episode.

This is an really outstanding show. The best episode for me so far this season was the Soldier coming back from Afganistan with the facial scars. A brilliant performance by Jonas Armstrong (Robin Hood), which I wouldn't have expected.

I think this is to be the last season as Granada haven't renewed and Jimmy Mc Govern does not want to work with a different production team. Everyone seems to be queing up to work on the show with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Caprica wrote: »
    I knew I recognised the guy from last night before plus it had the girl from DinnerLadies and Shameless plus Nessa from Gavin and Stacey. Great episode.

This is an really outstanding show. The best episode for me so far this season was the Soldier coming back from Afganistan with the facial scars. A brilliant performance by Jonas Armstrong (Robin Hood), which I wouldn't have expected.

I think this is to be the last season as Granada haven't renewed and Jimmy Mc Govern does not want to work with a different production team. Everyone seems to be queing up to work on the show with him.

Yeah that was a really great episode and I was pleasantly surprised by how good Jonas Armstrong was. I thought he was great support in last nights episode too.

My favourite one so far is the one with Bob Hoskins. His line at the end was awesome, "You're bringing him up like a tart so I'm going to treat him like one!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Unmissable ....great drama , favorite so far was the Anna Friel one, ..though the one with Liam Cunningham was a bit ...lets say not as good as the rest..imo..:o

Advertisement