Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy and thundery rain on Saturday countrywide

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

'The Eagle Has Landed", Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

raining here now in Dublin 15...
    Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Sudden clearance just arriving here , from monsoon , to dry/blue sky patches , in minutes .
    That last 45 mins done wonders for my rainfall totals ,
    9am to 4 pm , 18.9mm

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain just started here in the last 30 minutes. Was out until now and I had thought the rain must have fragmented - on my return, looked at radar - pretty impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 pfk-0p

rain getting steadily heavier here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Lashing rain non-stop since early morning in Cork.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Persistent and fairly heavy rain at times now in North County Dublin - started 45 mins ago. Rain rate slowly but gradually increasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wella

Terrible conditions on S Kilkenny. Driving heavy rain, and gusty strong wind. Been like this for about 4 hours now. Wind seems to be getting stronger as the day goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tis pretty damned bad but I'm dry and warm.

Looks like there is a severe embedded thunderstorm heading for Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford and Wicklow. Very severe downpour on radar atm leaving Co Cork.

See here

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

If you end up under this (the red and white area) you could have problems pretty quickly I think!

As for the weather here - it's just awful muck really with driving rain, heavy at times, and windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

:( nothing much happening here just normal moderate rain fall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

intense weather in Waterford - walked 2mins to the chipper and back, wound up having to towel dry off and get a change of clothes.. wonder how all those lucky people at oxegen are doing..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Tinwhistle*

Tellox wrote: »
    intense weather in Waterford - walked 2mins to the chipper and back, wound up having to towel dry off and get a change of clothes.. wonder how all those lucky people at oxegen are doing..

I'd say they're making good use of their fancy wellies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

Tellox wrote: »
    wonder how all those lucky people at oxegen are doing..

Weather novice here. Im ten minutes from Oxegen venue. Wind speed picked up from light 5mph breeze to strong gusts around 1pm today. Rain started to fall at about 3pm. Right now at 8pm its very windy and seems to be getting stronger but the rain fall is not heavy and has stopped for long periods. Its Also very warm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Naas Area- rain subsiding a lot but there's more in them there clouds me thinks- still warm but good breeze - best of luck to all at Oxygen and Bruce tonight-

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

The main feature here atm is the wind
    ave in the high 20s mph , max gust so far 49 mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

just a normal bog standard rainy irish day here in d15.. ho hum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    Weather novice here. Im ten minutes from Oxegen venue. Wind speed picked up from light 5mph breeze to strong gusts around 1pm today. Rain started to fall at about 3pm. Right now at 8pm its very windy and seems to be getting stronger but the rain fall is not heavy and has stopped for long periods. Its Also very warm.

In the last forty minutes its changed massively, its now howling a gale and lashing rain!! Not a night to be at an outdoor gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

L.O.F.T wrote: »
    In the last forty minutes its changed massively, its now howling a gale and lashing rain!! Not a night to be at an outdoor gig!

yea..as predicted, rain back with a (Samuel L Jackson) vengeance :(

Much wetter in the last hour.
    Rain rate now 19.1mm/hr in a driving SE wind.
    Totally fowl.

Rain total since 3 pm is 19.9mm and rising[yes I did a fix on the rain guage so it should be recording properly]

• Advertisement

rain rate 23.1mm/hr
    total up to 20.9mm and rising

total 21.6mm since 3pm and rising
    rain rate has eased to 5.33mm/hr

Looks totally wild

Was not as bad as was suggested but still a good amount of water for most:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

7.5mm in total here.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Thunder and Fork lightning in Dundalk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Distant clap of thunder acompanied by torrential rain here in Limerick.

just had a rumble of thunder lasting about 20 seconds.

Advertisement