Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom Problems!! Help

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hey not sure if this is the right thread? but anyway here goes,
    my internet has been f**ked for a little over a week now,

Last week I was getting a DNS error on some pages, Then internet went for a whole day! red light on the router my mates had this too ( in my area not sure if it was outside of where I'm based aswell) Im in enniscorthy co.wexford btw, so I couldnt do nothing online all day then, it came back, didnt seem to get that dns error for a while but now some sites f**k up my broadband altogether, I cant stay on psn for any more than 5 mins at the most, On ps3 I get an error has occurred and you have been signed out of the playstation network, then when that happens my internet goes for a few minutes, dont get red light but any site I try to load brings me to my routers page , ( on pc,laptop,ipod touch etc ) Last night I reset the router, and didnt help at all really, today I Got red light for 5 mins when no one else in my area got it :confused: please help if you can, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Copyright wrote: »
    hey not sure if this is the right thread? but anyway here goes,
    my internet has been f**ked for a little over a week now,

Last week I was getting a DNS error on some pages, Then internet went for a whole day! red light on the router my mates had this too ( in my area not sure if it was outside of where I'm based aswell) Im in enniscorthy co.wexford btw, so I couldnt do nothing online all day then, it came back, didnt seem to get that dns error for a while but now some sites f**k up my broadband altogether, I cant stay on psn for any more than 5 mins at the most, On ps3 I get an error has occurred and you have been signed out of the playstation network, then when that happens my internet goes for a few minutes, dont get red light but any site I try to load brings me to my routers page , ( on pc,laptop,ipod touch etc ) Last night I reset the router, and didnt help at all really, today I Got red light for 5 mins when no one else in my area got it :confused: please help if you can, thanks

Sounds like a local DSL problem in your area if you lose connectivity altogether ( red light ). However, Ericoms DNS servers are, in a word, s***e.

Try using OPENDNS instead and see if it makes a difference.

www.opendns.com

If you want to know how to configure this on your router/NIC let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Copyright

hey , Yeah can you help me configure this, please, thanks mate ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's instructions for this in the thread below this one.

Sweater wrote up a document with screen captures to explain it all www.denclan.com/eircomrework.doc

You need to access your Netopia router settings.
    Type in http://192.168.1.254/ to do this.

Go into Expert mode/Configure/Connection:

Primary and Sec DNS settings are there, change to the settings below, and hit Save/Restart button

Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222
    Sec. DNS: 208.67.220.220

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's a big thread about the eircom DNS issues here. If you get a red DSL light on the router, then there's either no DSL on your line (due to eircom problems), or the telephone cable is broken.

If you rule out a local problem, then there's nothing you can do other than wait for eircom to fix it.

I Swithched to open DNS and stil loading a big site or on psn it takes down my internet :mad:

• Advertisement

everythings working fine on my main pc but it seems my wireless is kinda f**ked, It wont stay logged into PSN for very long at all ! :eek: ?

Try using wired

Try using wired

no joy, second I turn ps3 on or any device connected to my network wireless it just goes straight away red light, untill i turn it off. main pc everything is fine :S

Advertisement