Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty Points

• 11-07-2009 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Anyway. I was stopped last week by a guard for speeding i was going about 10kph over. He pulled me over i pretended i did'nt know why i was stopped, he said i was driving like a mad woman that he could hardly keep up wit me which was lies my cars only a 1.5 , its modified so i reckon thats wat go me noticed, he said he was following me for ages again another lies as a always check my rear mirror every couple of secs. He even said he got a call in 2 clondalkin garda station about me. I was miles away from clondalkin.

I showed him my licence he took all my details, asked me had i any points (i don't) then he handed me my licence said there you go, he walked over to his car, i sat there expecting him to come back but he flew off.

Any1 know wat will happen there??? Fair enought if i get the fine its my own fault, but he did'nt mention anything. does that mean he let me off or should i be expecting a letter on the way out
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭browne_rob5

I was pulled in for being on the mobile a couple of weeks ago. Got a telling off and she took my name and address but that was it so I thought I got away with it cause no mention of points or fine.

But I got the notice during the week. 2 points and €60 fine. :(

First points so not the end of the world.

Anyway point is you may still get points and a fine. I would have thought you would have had to be told on the scene but apparently not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 amo_09

No way. Really

Yeah some ppl are saying i won't others are saying i will. Not the end of the world, would rather he had told me tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

i would have thought if he didnt mention it then you were in the clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 amo_09

Hopefully i get away with it i tought i talked my way outta of very well :D will just have 2 wait & see. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

sorry to take this slightly off topic,but does anyone know who to contact to ask how many penalty points actually on your licence??

someone posted an e-mail address before but i dont remember it
    as regulars will be sick of hearing i apparently have 5 penaltly points on my licence but i never received anything in the post about them!

i declared 5 penaltly points to quinn after a conviction for careless driving ,now the mother insists i ring them and say i have no penaltly points because i didnt get a notification in the post,

• Advertisement
Advertisement