Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest and best refuse collection service

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

City Bin are very competitive. At the moment they are cheaper than Barna Waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use Citybin. I find them excellent, and their customer service people are great if you ever have to ring them.

It probably depends on where you are; I'm in a house, so we have proper bins. If you're in an apartment, you're probably relying on the prepaid bags, and I wouldn't have a clue about what's good and what's bad.

With the proper bins, you can choose between pay by weight or pay a set charge (or at least you could when we started with them); they'll give you the best advice if you have a talk to them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

citybin for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Fey! wrote: »
    I use Citybin. .......If you're in an apartment, you're probably relying on the prepaid bags, and I wouldn't have a clue about what's good and what's bad.

Where can you buy the prepaid bags and where are they collected from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where can you buy the prepaid bags and where are they collected from?

Ta da!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The council don't advertise it, but you can buy their pre-paid bags from their office in College Rd.

They are more expensive per bag than City Bins, but you can buy smaller quantities at a time. Or at least this was true when I checked it out ... almost 2 years ago! Hmm, maybe I should check it again next time I run out!

My last purchase from the council, a few months ago, was 15 general-waste bags for E45.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Magnus wrote: »

They don't sell single bags. You have to buy about €75 worth. Does anyone sell in quanities that cost less than €10?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They don't sell single bags. You have to buy about €75 worth. Does anyone sell in quanities that cost less than €10?

Hollands in Shop St , err, Williamsgate?, Prospect Hill, .. whatever, just off Eyre Square on the way down to Shop St, sell singles from City Bins. Expensive, but worth it if you just need a few.

I think there are some places over in the West that sell 'em too, but can't remember any names.

Advertisement