Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electrician brisbane

Options
  • 11-07-2009 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    been in brisbane for about a month now but not havin much luck with work. got a week's work for a company through Hays. I've got my licence so I didn't think it would be this hard to get a job here. Does anyone know of any companies that are hiring at the minute? We're considering leaving brisbane soon if we can't get work soon but not sure where to go?
    Does anyone know where there is work at the minute? we've heard that there may be work in Darwin but don't want to just rock up there and be in the same boat again.

Cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sorry mate no idea, best of luck though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 conbre

try g and t electrical in darwin, dont know the number, i worked for them a few years back, and were always busy, did a lot of work for corporation, worth a try,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 conbre

located a number for them, (08)89851681, best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

First of all O.P are you on a whv or permanent visa? Because if your on a whv, companies will prefer not to hire you for the 6 months maxuim, also the purpose of a whv is to work and travel and its not intended to get a permanent job. Also perhaps you should not put all your eggs in one basket, have you been looking for other jobs besides your trade because if you havent im afraid your time in Aus will be limited, you cant be picky if you want to stay in Aus take any job you can get, ive heard of many peoole coming home with there tail between there legs because they wont take a job because its not what there qualified to do, now there at home stuck on the dole wishing they had taken any job while in Aus.
    I would advise that you look for jobs in the samaller towns in Queensland as they would be less competition for work there, good luck on your hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

cheers lads,
    got a bit of work through hays for a week or so. we'll see how it goes after that. work seems to be pretty quiet in general in Brisbane at the minute but looks to be picking up a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement