Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achievement whoring for pugs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

the amount of pugs i've gotten into from linking the leader his own achievement is remarkable.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

haha, im trying that tonight for the laugh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I wonder what Blizz think about this, surely its against their spirit of making things accessible to newer players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Any pug asking you to link the achievment is on a train journey to fail, and fail hard it will !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

I usually just do gear checks, most RL's havent a clue what are good stats for other classes other than there own, i mean... locks in blues can get 2k+ SP, thanks to felarmor, whereas a mage would be considered decent geared if he had 2k+, plus most ppl lie about there stats, adding an extra 100 sp or 3/4% crit, i know i do on my alts. So the best way to be sure is just get ppl to come to you for a gear check, its alot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murfz

Link Ach :pac: doesn't prove anything I can't remember the name but a friend had an addon on his alt that he could use to link fake ach's... As for gear I was in naxx hc on my rogue & there was another rogue in the raid also. He had way better gear full t7.5 (before uldar patch) was same spec as me but yet he was putting out about 700 less dps. Also didn't understand about using Anesthetic poison on gluth or using Interrupts on Kel'Thuzad. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

magilly wrote: »
    I usually just do gear checks, most RL's havent a clue what are good stats for other classes other than there own, i mean... locks in blues can get 2k+ SP, thanks to felarmor, whereas a mage would be considered decent geared if he had 2k+, plus most ppl lie about there stats, adding an extra 100 sp or 3/4% crit, i know i do on my alts. So the best way to be sure is just get ppl to come to you for a gear check, its alot easier.

Yeah, I started doing this recently. Did a pug run with randoms that I just got to link achievment for Vault of Archavon00. Had what I thought was a decent group and 45 minutes left on WG timer. Wiped twice on Emalon and just said "fook this". Remade after WG ended and me and the raid assistant personally inspected everyones gear and went with a full decent group. One shotted the place.

Advertisement