Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brenfer dartshop is it a rip off?

• 11-07-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

What do people think of the price of darts in this shop, my own experience is I rang up and asked for a price on taylors new darts and got a price of 100 euro's:eek::eek: now as far as i know these sell at around 70 quid in argos, and then another time went into the shop and wanted to buy a set of harrows boxer (had 40 euros on me as they are 16 pounds to buy online) and he says there 54.95:eek::confused::eek:

Now is it just me or are these prices mental, like im not tight in any shape or form and i no this chap has to make a profit but COME ON YOUR CHARGING MORE THAN DOUBLE THE VALUE ON YOUR DARTS:mad::mad: i get really annoyed when i see people getting ripped off by so much when theres no need for it:eek::confused::mad:

Is it a rip off 11 votes

Not at all this owl lad should be head of oxfam
    0% 0 votes
    Yes this chap is a modern day ebeneezer scrooge
    9% 1 vote
    No tungsten is a endangered specious and should be charged at astronomical prices
    90% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

matty84 wrote: »
    What do people think of the price of darts in this shop, my own experience is I rang up and asked for a price on taylors new darts and got a price of 100 euro's:eek::eek: now as far as i know these sell at around 70 quid in argos, and then another time went into the shop and wanted to buy a set of harrows boxer (had 40 euros on me as they are 16 pounds to buy online) and he says there 54.95:eek::confused::eek:

Now is it just me or are these prices mental, like im not tight in any shape or form and i no this chap has to make a profit but COME ON YOUR CHARGING MORE THAN DOUBLE THE VALUE ON YOUR DARTS:mad::mad: i get really annoyed when i see people getting ripped off by so much when theres no need for it:eek::confused::mad:

I agree was in town one day went in to buy some flights 5 sets for 7 euro thought good value . went to elverys later in the day same flights were 90 cents a packet. which works out at 4.50 for 5 sets ROBBER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Travelled up to Dublin in Jan 2008 to buy a set of darts in Brenfer. Bought a 26 gram Brenfer set for 35 euros which i was quite happy with. I did notice though that pro players sets were very expensive and he was well overpriced on accessories like stems and flights. With internet now it's quite easy to buy darts and accessories and people will stop shopping at Brenfer unless he competes with the internet firms which are quite cheaper than the Brenfer shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I bought my darts from Brenfers, thought the price was ok but I checked the price online when I got home, €10 cheaper online but if you throw in P&P it's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

As I said before he is a rip off, Also he isn't too friendly (grumpy old fart). but at least you can hold the darts you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭damo180

I believe Fergal O Briens Dad is the owner, seen Fergal there and you may notice quite a few pictures of him around the shop but havent been in it in quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Was planning on heading down to Dublin tomorrow to get a new set of Harrows darts from this spot but from reading comments on it it sounds like I'd be wasting my time and money? Is it still the same price wise these days? Don't want to be paying over the odds for my darts tbh when they're available for cheaper online! I notice they have no prices up on their website which is never a good sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Morrison J wrote: »
    Was planning on heading down to Dublin tomorrow to get a new set of Harrows darts from this spot but from reading comments on it it sounds like I'd be wasting my time and money? Is it still the same price wise these days? Don't want to be paying over the odds for my darts tbh when they're available for cheaper online! I notice they have no prices up on their website which is never a good sign.

Everything is available cheaper online! Maybe give them a call or email before travelling?

Zombie thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement