Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor coverage in Leixlip..

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Folks,
    myself & the wife recently switched to Meteor, both switching from Vodafone prepaid to Meteors new 10E/month plan with 60 mins, and also the usual free meteor-meteor texts. It was attractive because it seemed to give better value than what we were getting from Vodafone. Neither of us are major phone users, so the 60-min limit was fine.

I also subscribed to their 10E/month 250MB data plan and use this mostly on the train to/from work for email and RSS feeds. I can also tether the laptop if necessary.

Trouble is that coverage is poor around where I live (Rinawade, Leixlip). Downtown is fine and around other locations, but as I head in through the estate the signal levels drop and when I turn into my road, Rinawade Vale, signal drops very low. The phone often displays 'emergency calls only'. When I do get a signal, calls are garbled and often drop.

I have to head up to the attic room or back garden to get anything decent.

Anyone else have this issue?.. is their basic 2G coverage still this bad in areas?

Ive contacted Meteor support and have since filled out a length query about the symptoms etc.. but don't really expect them to do anything.

The house is not far from the M4, so I never expected to get **** signal after switching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

cormacl wrote: »
    Anyone else have this issue?.. is their basic 2G coverage still this bad in areas?

Yip. My parent's house isn't far from you and the reception is utter crap on Meteor. I'm on the iPhone with Meteor and it's pretty much unusable for data, never mind calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I've a friend living in Leixlip who packed in his Meteor pay-as-you-go for that very reason, and I've also got a family member living near the Curragh recently signed up to Meteor on the €10 per month plan, but is cancelling & going back to their previous network because the Meteor coverage is practically non existent - frequently no connection, texts taking hours to arrive, garbled calls, etc.

There seems to be pockets of both North and South Kildare affected very badly by Meteor black spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I was thinking of switching from O2 to Meteor, is the network still bad in Leixlip????

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dutchy

I live in Confey. I'm on the meteor network (pay as you go) and have experienced no problems (bar the fact I'm living in Confey).

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

Reception still bad in rinawade vale and beyond glen easton toward the m4. Very good everywhere else. Good data coverage also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Davexirl

cormacl wrote: »
    Reception still bad in rinawade vale and beyond glen easton toward the m4. Very good everywhere else. Good data coverage also.

I am in Oaklawn so might pick up a meteor sim and lash it in a phone and see what its like around the area. I don't want to sign up to a bill pay plan with them and be stuck with ****e reception for the whole contract

Advertisement