Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just bought a 360. Ripped off?

• 11-07-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Not so worried about the cost even though it was steep. but i cant see any real diff in quality to the old xbox.

ok. my kids talked me into it. bought some sheite games like lips. shreck pro ev 6 . nba o6 sonic tennis.

ghave been playing our old xbox games tonight.

but even still. i feel ripped off.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Get gears of war. And gears of war 2. And Cod4.

And Forza 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Maccattack wrote: »

ok. my kids talked me into it. bought some sheite games like lips. shreck pro ev 6 . nba o6 sonic tennis.

Aint gonna lie to you, those games are ****e IMO

Plenty of cheap excellent game available though, even for less than a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

orange box, bioshock, dead space, halo 3, rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2, condemned 1 and 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

the dusde at the counter steered me in the direction of cod 4. said 'its the best eva'

i bought it and when the kids go nigh nighs ill have a crack.

my mate is posting halo 3 to me.

dont laugh, but i'd like a decent super hero game. saw iron man there. cover looked good but...

are there any good ones? :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Prototype is a sandbox anti superhero game. Its good fun, but not for kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Fallout 3 along with other games mentioned here, and you'll be back in a few weeks going "i'm sorry i was wrong, rip off? what rip off?"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Also Batman Arkham Asylum is coming out soon.
    Looks very good. Wolverine is wholesome button mashing nonsense also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

do you have a HD tv?

If no, well u wouldnt see much of a difference

If yes, go into setting > display > and make sure its at a HD standard 720, 1080i, or 1080P

GodlikeRed wrote: »
    do you have a HD tv?

If no, well u wouldnt see much of a difference

If yes, go into setting > display > and make sure its at a HD standard 720, 1080i, or 1080P

no bruz i dont. but i reckon the way it went this morning - "im thinking about buying an xbox 360 ' shwooooomp' PURCHASE!!

The missus might allow a new idiot box in the nextweek or two.

im a bit worried tho...

I know what happens when i get hooked on a game. Yeee haaaaw!

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Prototype is a sandbox anti superhero game. Its good fun, but not for kids.

I'll check it out bro.

did you guys (BTW) see that movie 'Special'.

Fruckin cool movie i thought.

that kind of buzz in a gane would be dead cool. off beat but contemporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Maccattack wrote: »
    dont laugh, but i'd like a decent super hero game. saw iron man there. cover looked good but...

are there any good ones? :o

Maybe try Crackdown? You can pick it up second hand for about 7 quid in Xtravision. Running across rooftops and jumping down towards street level while blowing away the bad guys never gets old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 irlpotato

You'll notice it on certain games.. loading times and draw distance are a big thing. bioshock and deadspace for the big scenes where you'll want to hug your hdtv, and dead rising for the hundreds of zombies that are on screen at once.

And compare halo 1/2 to halo 3, or even just look at red vs blue... youll find the originals graphics have dated quite badly. i still prefer its gameplay though. 10 player game on derelict.. mmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Xbox 360 on a crt tv is crap,I've used it on a 22" crt and switched it off after 5 mins,Put it on the TV in the living(32" philips lcd "HD" ready) through the composite "HD" connection and was blown away,Add to that a good broadband connection,a decent game,In my case battlefields bad company and you've found the perfect way to blow all your free time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

dude,id feel totally ripped off too if those were the games i played first:mad:but dont worry the 360 shows its worth in a number of amazing games.gears of war 1 & 2,call of duty 4 and fight night will back me up.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Gotta agree with everyone else. I had mine connected to a 32" CRT before the Full HD LCD and the difference is astonishing.

Get some top games like Gears, Bioshock, Dead Space and COD4 and you will see it shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Least ya bought a xbox and not a ps3..Price difference is unreal at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Playing THOSE games on a non-HD TV? No you weren't ripped off, you're just doing it wrong.

Advertisement