Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

csrss.exe issue (Windows 7)

• 11-07-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

The last few days my PC has gone very sluggish and I've noticed the following in my processes

wtf.jpg

It won't let me delete it but is there any way to get rid of it safely? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I believe that is part of your OS for deleting starting threads opening console windows? and you should leave it be?

If you terminate it I imagine your computer will crash.

Oh, but it there is a virus with the smae name isn't there?
    One way to determine if csrss.exe is a legitimate file besides looking at the date modified is to right click on csrss.exe inside Task Manager and attempt to end process. Because csrss is a critical file, Microsoft should inform you with a message that csrss.exe is a critical system process and end it is not possible.

If you do not receive this message when attempting to end the csrss.exe process, then it may indeed be a virus. If you decide to terminate the csrss.exe process, make sure any applications are shutdown (such as word, etc) and that you have a backup of your data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I know it's for that but I've been googling about it also and apparently it can be some trojan? :confused:
    I don't recall seeing it in Processes before.

When I try to remove it says unable to terminate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It should be in processes I think but there should be a description too.
    Anybody tried that?
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/
    Or this?
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/registrybooster/

I appear to have 2 csrss.exes in my process list. :-o

Odd :s

I don't know, maybe it isn't the virus. I sorted my processes by CPU usage and it doesnt appear to be using any of it. Maybe I just never noticed it there before..

• Advertisement

Find out the last date modified too. If it's recent that prob ain't good, but waht do I know!

Date modified/created was 22/04/2009.. fine then, I guess.

Advertisement