Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*BOARDS.IE* FIFA 09 PREMIER LEAUGE *details/results/table*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Portsmouth 1 - 0 Burnley

Portsmouth 3 - 0 Wigan

Portsmouth 8 - 0 Birmingham

Portsmouth 0 - 0 Bolton

Finally starting to play well, credit to burnley you almost had me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

8-0? harsh, im bout to play ya now, good luck

Portsmouth 3 - 0 Man City

Starting to play better now that i dumped the insanely slow sol campbell from my defense. Thats 5 clean sheets in a row, so much better without him.

Also i had those problems you are talking about, i opened all the ports for fifa on my router and i was able to connect to anyone i was having trouble with now.

This guide should explain what you need to do.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/360824-guide-connect-fifa-ps3-xbox.html

gg, im strugglin with city, but only seems to be away from home i think its weird

does home/away make a difference?

my passing in the final 3rd seems non existant

you are solid in defence, if robinho didnt sky that open goal the game might have been different :P

gg, im strugglin with city, but only seems to be away from home i think its weird

does home/away make a difference?

my passing in the final 3rd seems non existant

you are solid in defence, if robinho didnt sky that open goal the game might have been different :P

ya right from the off, i was sooooo relieved when it flashed over, i'd say it would have been a very different game had that gone in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone thats having problems playing games check your NAT. Do a connection test on xbox, I told SteveHeighway to check his and it turned out to be Strict. If its strict it will cause probs connecting, it need to be open or worse case moderate for you to be able to connect properly. Parawind posted a link above which i havent looked at but im sure it has the info, or just search for strict nat on google and you will find loads on it, its connection specific not just fifa so you will have the same prob on diff games too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Oooh Arsenal :)

I'll be on tonight at some stage to get some of my games in!

Damn, Richie got a good team too!!! I know who my moneys on to win this league!!

Arsenal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bloody Stoke............:eek:

SRFC90 wrote: »

Long throws FTW :p

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Burnley 0-3 Sunderland
    Burnley 0-4 Man City
    Burnley 1-1 Bolton
    Burnley 0-1 Portsmouth

Improved a bit after scrapping the sweeper formation.The defence are shockingly slow.I think the fastest defender has an acceleration of 67.If Ade Akinbiyi could hit the target instead of the post I might be in better shape.Good laugh all the same.

I'm going to sort out the connection problem now.

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »

better then getting shamrock rovers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Sorry for going a bit off topic here lads but I'm having problems with my NAT settings.I've found out how to enable my UPnP service but I'm a bit worried about doing it.If I do enable it will I be putting my computer at risk?Has anyone else enabled it and had any problems?I tried the link that someone left earlier but to be honest it was double dutch to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

lebowski11 wrote: »
    Sorry for going a bit off topic here lads but I'm having problems with my NAT settings.I've found out how to enable my UPnP service but I'm a bit worried about doing it.If I do enable it will I be putting my computer at risk?Has anyone else enabled it and had any problems?I tried the link that someone left earlier but to be honest it was double dutch to me.

No its fine, everyone on eircom has to do it with their router and set the firewall to low. Your pc will be fine, its a standard thing with the netopia routers that has to be done for it to become Open instead of strict. You also need to open the ports for xbox 360. The ports opened are only used by the xbox and because the xbox is within your network its allowed, outside computers etc cant access them.

Theres another link with info on it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070102144528AASm5jN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Stoke 4 v 1 Bolton

Not a bad start....:D

Portsmouth 1 - 0 West Ham

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

west ham 2 bolton 0
    west ham 1 man utd 2
    west ham 0 man city 1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sunderland (Kirby) 3 - 0 Arsenal (Dj DigitalMoose)

gg. I've been in a good run of form lately. Was pretty sure it would be the gunners slick passing to end it but I managed to take my chances and use the ball well.

Wigan vs Arsenal
    0 - 1

Nice free kick from Arsenal but hardly the performance expected from self proclaimed league winners :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,346 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

may i ask where do you check the NAT setting of the xbox? i know where the test connection option is but that doesnt tell you much. if it turns out its on strict, then i suppose ill make the effort to sort it out. seems complicated alright, even with guides.

my situation is an xbox connected via Ethernet to the router all in the sitting room with the PC connected by Ethernet in my bedroom upstairs. wireless laptop and wii as well, all eircom 3mb.

When you run the connection test if its strict or moderate it will say it, if it doesnt say anything then its open and you have no issues. The layout of your equipment or whats connected to your router has absolutely no affect on the NAT settings.

• Advertisement

99% sure it didnt say anything. ill try once more just in case. thats great news because my head gets wrecked very quickly when it comes to picky computer issues.

Sunderland 3-0 Arsenal
    Maybe I should've practiced with them first, found it very hard to get a passing game together and was caught 3 times on the break!

Arsenal 1-0 Wigan

Wonderful free kick worthy to win any game, it was a lucky free kick too as his player had already slid for the ball and my next palyer fell over the man who was already on the floor and a free kick was given on the edge of the box!

its all about them dodgy decisions :P

anyways im finding it weird i cant explain, some games the passing is easy and doing what i intend, then next match its going arseways and i just cant comprehend it, i sussed out that all players have "consistancesy" (spelling??) as attributes, im wondering is that why you randomly have games where certain players have an off day, if so all my players get that off day together :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The difference in games where its easy to do silky passing....and games where it is really hard.....is your opponent. How he set his team up, and most importantly how he plays defensively with the controller. Backing off, 2nd defender calling, pressure, etc.

thats what Ive found anyway.

I think player awareness has a lot to do with it too..for example my defenders at Wigan dont seem to be aware that they are the defenders..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Man Utd 1

Chelsea 2

Very tight game

Portsmouth 0 - 0 Chelsea

A bit of a midfield battle though i should have buried that chance when i hit the crossbar :(

pompy 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-1 Man City

I was very disappointed with the man city result as i was beginning to take control, cranky had a man sent off via last man from behind and i was 1-0 up. however he got a goal via petrov towards the end, one of those where your cursing at your backs for not bloody tackling. however, cranky was on top in the first half so draw prob was ok overall.

Parawind wrote: »
    Portsmouth 0 - 0 Chelsea

A bit of a midfield battle though i should have buried that chance when i hit the crossbar :(

yea i seem to remember you having one good chance alright. there was damn all chances in the whole match. surprised you didnt have crouch on, he might have caused a problem.

• Advertisement

Wigan 3 0 West Ham

Was winning 2-1 when his connection dropped..you were very laggy for the whole game.

Advertisement