Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*BOARDS.IE* FIFA 09 PREMIER LEAUGE *details/results/table*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

wigan 3 west ham 0

apologies for the dropped connection. stupid eircom connection is getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Stoke

I feel so sick, not cause i felt i should have won, but cause i am an idiot and forgot to change my custom tatics at the start, thats why i conceded 2 quick goals. Once i realised my error it was too late, though i almost snatched a draw :(

But credit to ya for that first goal an absolute belter from rory delap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Stoke - Liverpool
    0 - 3

He left at half-tim after I was winning 2 - 0. Bit of a saddo really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

ya never know what happened man he might have had to go, or got cut off

table as it stands so far (still waiting on Wolves and Hull to join)

1: Sunderland - Games10 Wins8 Draws2 Losses0 - POINTS - 26
    2: Portsmouth - Games12 Wins6 Draws2 Losses4 - POINTS - 20
    3: Man City - Games11 Wins6 Draws2 Losses3 - POINTS - 20
    4: Man United - Games11 Wins4 Draws3 Losses4 - POINTS - 15
    5: Everton - Games5 Wins4 Draws1 Losses0 - POINTS - 13
    6: Aston Villa - Games4 Wins4 Draws0 Losses0 - POINTS 12
    7: Chelsea - Games6 Wins3 Draws2 Losses1 - POINTS - 11
    8: Liverpool - Games10 Wins3 Draws1 Losses6 - POINTS - 10
    9: Wigan - Games10 Wins3 Draws1 Losses6 - POINTS - 10
    10: Stoke - Games3 Wins2 Draws0 Losses1 - POINTS - 7
    11: West Ham - Games5 Wins1 Draws0 Losses4 - POINTS - 3
    12: Arsenal - Games2 Wins1 Draws0 Losses1 - POINTS - 3
    13: Bolton - Games9 Wins0 Draws2 Losses7 - POINTS - 2
    14: Burnley - Games4 Wins0 Draws1 Losses3 - POINTS - 1
    15: Birmingham - Games6 Wins0 Draws0 Losses6 - POINTS - 0
    16: Tottenham - Games0 Wins0 Draws0 Losses0 - POINTS - 0
    17: Fulhum - Games0 Wins0 Draws0 Losses0 - POINTS - 0
    18: Blackburn - Games0 Wins0 Draws0 Losses0 - POINTS - 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

See, thats why they sacked Roy Keane and put me in charge :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

miralize wrote: »
    Stoke - Liverpool
    0 - 3

He left at half-tim after I was winning 2 - 0. Bit of a saddo really

D*ck.
    ya never know what happened man he might have had to go, or got cut off

You are correct sir. Connection dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

west ham 1 stoke 1
    good exciting game, chances both ends, fair result i think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Wigan vs Stoke
    0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Man Utd 4

Stoke City 0

• Advertisement

SRFC90 wrote: »
    D*ck.
    How am I dick good sir? I scored twice. You didnt. You cry. I win. You could have come back in the second half, but you decided to sulk. It's a game, remember that for future reference.

And honestly exactly at half time, the connection dropped, exactly when I finished the cut-scene. Its a possibility, but not probability

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

He got disconnected..nothing he could do about it. Its hardly crying, you came on here and called him a saddo and said he left at half time. People get cut off it happens, it doesnt mean they left sulking..that for future reference.

miralize wrote: »
    How am I dick good sir? I scored twice. You didnt. You cry. I win. You could have come back in the second half, but you decided to sulk. It's a game, remember that for future reference.

And honestly exactly at half time, the connection dropped, exactly when I finished the cut-scene. Its a possibility, but not probability

Let me simplify this for you brainbox. I got disconnected. Do you comprehend? I didn't quit. I won my first two games earlier today, why would I quit?

You'd wanna start rationally working probablities in your head before coming on here accusing people of quitting and calling them saddo's as someone said there too.

Another bloody problem. :rolleyes:

2v2 with Burnley in the last min when I'm through on goal, he hacks me down.

Not very nice. Says he tried to win the ball. Fair enough but I don't think ya can do that hacking them down from behind almost.

Parawind wrote: »
    Portsmouth 1 - 2 Stoke

I feel so sick, not cause i felt i should have won, but cause i am an idiot and forgot to change my custom tatics at the start, thats why i conceded 2 quick goals. Once i realised my error it was too late, though i almost snatched a draw :(

But credit to ya for that first goal an absolute belter from rory delap.

Yeah man good game. What a screamer from Rory!!!

1 - 1
    Liverpool - Burnley

He scored 88". :D

if its 2-2 in real life and they are clean thru and the last defender cant catch up to win the ball but can take the player out do you think he will think twice? of course not

professional fouls FTW!!!!!

id have done the same thing

All over him in the first half, but he upped his game in the second, had to get an equaliser with the second last kick of the game

Man Utd 1
    Burnley 1

if its 2-2 in real life and they are clean thru and the last defender cant catch up to win the ball but can take the player out do you think he will think twice? of course not

Well just for yourself or anyone else who has applied to join our other league, those kind of last man professional fouls are banned and if you were found to be constantly doing them you would be kicked out faster than a hot snot.

Exactly, everyone does it

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Well just for yourself or anyone else who has applied to join our other league, those kind of last man professional fouls are banned and if you were found to be constantly doing them you would be kicked out faster than a hot snot.

thats a bit sad in fairness, thats like saying "you cant take your keeper out" or somethin

if it happens in the real game, why not on a computer game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I should be back on tomorrow night to resume my Aston Villa antics!

thats a bit sad in fairness, thats like saying "you cant take your keeper out" or somethin

if it happens in the real game, why not on a computer game?

That's what almost everyone in the league agree's with, but in order to have a properly functioning league that doesn't turn into mayhem every minute with people claiming they'd have won if 'yer man hadn hacked me down'.

Keeps people happy, and the league running smoother basically.

Man Utd 1

Arsenal 3

Never in this match, could have lost by a lot more

arsenal? i think ill play them ih hes on, gonna jump on

1-0
    Arsenal - Liverpool
    Again at the last second of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I agree with you, but some people don't. Ive tried to argue this case many a time but it seems some people love to pick and choose what part of the simulation they want to partake in. Its banned in the other league.

They should fix the issue by putting in a professional foul button tbh. World cup 94 on the snes had a professional foul button. Hell, fifa 98 had a DIVING button. These things belong in the game.

Stoke 2 v 1 Portsmouth

Stoke 0 v 0 Man City.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Portsmouth 2 - 0 Arsenal

Good game quite close, i had to defend well and caught him on the break for the second to kill the game.

• Advertisement

hahaha SRFC you moaned about the fouls and then did it to me

clean thru on goal in the 90th minute at 0-0 and you took me out :P

happy now? :P

man city 0-0 stoke, gg, i had a mare, passing was ****ing brutal

man city 2-0 arsenal, gg man

i officially hate man city, they have around 10 strikers to choose from, and they are all equally slow and **** haha

Advertisement