Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic in Roscrea

Options
  • 11-07-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My car is booked in for its nct at the start of august. anyone able to recommend a good garage in the roscrea area to get it checked over? The engine warning light is on so i need a garage that will be able to check this also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

For what its worth heres what I would do...Keep away from the main dealers...ask friends where they get their car serviced.I am not in your area,so dont know any direction to point you.What warning light is coming on?.I would get that problem fixed for a start,and then put it through the nct.That way you will know exactly what needs to be done.I have heard stories from friends where they were told they had to spend hundreds of euro to passs the nct..and this was not the case.If it doesnt pass the nct,you will know exactly what needs doing...and it is something like 28/29 euro for a retest..which could save you money in the long run.I am sure some posters from your area will be able to point you in the direction of a good mechanic.This is just my opinion:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

You could try Paddy Delaney out in ashbury,hes not a main dealer,but a good mechanic,he services my car all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

Quote:
    The engine warning light is on so i need a garage that will be able to check this also.

Thought it was going to read:
    The engine warning light is on so i need a garage that will be able to turn it off
    Do what Homer S. does, put a sticker over it!Simple

Advertisement