Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inter railing europe!!

• 11-07-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hello all!

myself and the girlfriend are going inter railing in november and we can't wait! :D we plan on starting in lisbon portugal and making our way around until we reach rome, we plan on making this last a month staying in some nice cheap hostels along the way!!

anybody ever done this before have some tips?? is it easy to reserve seats on trains? how much do you think the month will cost etc etc :confused:

all travel tips appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

Don't know how much help I can be,

I went inter-railing around Spain for about 2-3 weeks before and saw about 7-8 cities. Booking trains was never a problem unless there was a local festival on. We had an zone ticket from Usit. Don't know what the story is now for that.

As for hotels/hostels, they were all pretty cheap. About €20-€25 per person. They tend to get pricey once you get into the big cities, about €30+ (for us Madrid and Barcelona).

If you can get your hands on a "lonely planet" guide that would be ideal. It recommends all the great hidden and crazy bars that you could easily miss. Festivals, accommodation and everything are included. That's what I'd suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lanica26

Me and my boyfriend are going interrailing next month from Denmark to Bulgaria. We just got the tickets and made some train reservations last week - no problem at all, quite cheap really. We will take advantage of night trains to save on day-time spent travelling and paying for extra hotel nights, you could consider this.

Also you will be travelling in November, its really off season so you should have no problem making train reservations or being able to find afforadble accomodation. We always check TripAdvisor for good/cheap places to say, its recommendable! www.tripadvisor.com

Advertisement