Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap late night parking in city centre

Options
  • 11-07-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've started a job last night in a bar in Templebar. I was too tired and sober to be brave the adventures of the nitelink so I got a taxi home. €13, not bad. But, seeing that Im on minimum wage I realised I'd just worked for an hour and a half to get home safely. Not good.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to park between 7pm and 3am? Any carparks with special offers? I've just gotten myself into a world of debt to buy the car (hence the second job) so I wouldnt be keen on leaving it on the side of the street to be keyed to bits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No offence but you sound paranoid about it been keyed on the side of the road!

I've often left my car parked overnight on the street(its free in most city centre streets), you just have to know which streets are better than others to leave it there, preferably away from drunken pranksters of Temple Bar!.

Most car parks charge a fortune, i only know Marlborough St car park is open 24hrs(another poster could confirm this), the rest are really for overnighters who collect it in daytime mornings, not 3am.

You are working in Temple Bar, why not try parking it along the South Quays. I've often parked there(Burgh quay) without any bother though its been a few months since my last visit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

St. Stephen's Green RCSI car park is €5.50 from 6PM till 11AM (last used in March so might have changed a bit since then). You have to pre-pay, so you park you car, bring your ticket to the machine and pay €5.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TroyStavros

Marlborough Place on the Northside is free at that time. The only downside to it is that there are an awful lot of dengenerates in the area. :rolleyes:

Advertisement