Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neuturing Beagle

Options
  • 11-07-2009 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

My male beagle is acting weird and humping everything in sight, should i neuter him? Im so afraid it will change his wonderful personality.. anyone with experience??:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

How old is your Beagle?
    I assume you're not breeding him? - do you want him to go nuts when he smells a female in heat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wishes

Really ! He is 18 months old. I dont want to breed so yeah guess i should do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well just most people get their dogs neutered if they're not looking to have pups.
    Just because it saves on mess/unwanted pups/unwanted male attention for the girls, and saves on aggression/humping everything(though they will still do it sometimes anyway)/ trying to keep them under control if a female in heat is near - for the males.

Beagles are strong dogs, I know a friend of mine who has 3 golden labs, lives out in the country so the next house is the equvalent of 6 or 7 houses away, the beagle that lives there, got loose, jumped the fence there and jumped the fence of my friends house (which is probably 7-10ft) to try and get to one of em when they were in heat.

Advertisement