Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router problem

• 11-07-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have a TP-Link wireless router and BT Broadband - I can't get them to work - router doesn't recognise broadband connection.

Any suggestions welcomed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Need a lot more detail. What is the exact model of the router, and is it a DSL modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭boffin54321

The set up I have is as follows:

Internet => Zyxel Prestige 600 Series DSL Modem => Wireless G Router TL-WR340G

If I leave out the wireless router I can connect to internet no problem. But when using the wireless router the link between the Zyxel and wireless router doesn't work.....

Any assistance appreciated thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Firstly, on the DSL modem, make sure that its set to bridge mode and that the VPI and VCI is set to 8 and 35 respectively. Then on the router, set the connection type to pppoe and type in your username and password (don't forget the @BTBB). It should work then.

Cheers knasher - will give that a go....

Had to reboot/reconfigure my router and now I cannot get the wireless security to work.

At the moment my wireless nw is unsecured!! How can I put a security key on my wireless network? thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement