Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy?

• 11-07-2009 3:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread with hopes that it becomes a sticky. What I'll do is maintain a nice and neat list of online retailers selling PMP's (and related devices) that deliver to Ireland. So just post below what sites you know of.

I don't know too many myself and generally stick to what I know and trust, all the same I'll list what I have.
    Please note (if you can) where stock originates, because it's good to know when stock does not ship from within the EU.
    The List:

AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk - All stock ships from Scotland. Delivery €14.
    Amazon.co.uk - A lot of Amazon's own stock ships from either the UK or Ireland. Delivery ~€10
    Dabs.ie - Stock originates from the UK as far as I know (correct me if i'm incorrect). Delivery €12.66
    Komplett.ie - Limited selection, stock originates from EU (if charger is included it will use an EU plug). Delivery €12.50
    mymemory.co.uk - Headphones/earphones, limited amount of ipods. Stock originates form UK I think. Delivery 1.95gbp.
    hardwareversand.de - PMP's and more, German website. Delivery €30 which covers orders up to 20kg.

A special acknowledgement goes out to this thread's contributors: sxt, cronos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/2VLu4djSGYxXy3/articlesearch.jsp?agid=505&search.reset=1&search.sKey=

Delivery is 30 euro. But if you are looking to get some other items then its not so bad. As the 30 euro covers up to 20kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Dealextreme.com - Free delivery, good for FiiO and SoundMAGIC. From HK, so postage can take up to a month.

MP4Nation.net - Same deal as DX, has quite a few of the newest Chinese PMPs and rebrands some popular items under its own Nationite brand. Shipping is free on most items but takes ages, so be warned!

iHeadphones.co.uk - Not sure how much they charge, actually... about £10-£15 I would guess

Head-Direct.com - Stockist of Yuin and Hifiman 'phones. Shipping is $10 and comes from China.

Hifiheadphones.co.uk - Some top-line 'phone brands. Delivery dependent on size of item.

Lambayrules.ie - Irish reseller of SoundMAGIC and FiiO products, based in Dublin. More expensive than the Asian sellers but delivery is one or two days.

I have bought from the ones in bold, and a friend has bought Grados from iHeadphones. I think Hifi are trustable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kabutofro

headphoneworld.com - 4.99GBP delivery
    Bought some Aeriel 7's from these lads - came in 3 days from UK
    http://www.headphoneworld.com/

Avides - on amazon Marketplace - 3.99GBP delivery
    Bought a couple of things from them - price was good - but took over 10 days to come from Germany - was very frustrated.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A1F8YGP86NG3IP

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Deal extreme ordered item 12 september, still waiting, so buyer beware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kabutofro

Yeah, I have found out about DealExtreme the hard way but yet the prices keep sucking me back and I take the chance.

I have ordered
    Some wires and cheap bits - never received them - and everytime I put in my tracking number it says 'not linked with my email' and then when I email customer service they ignore me.

3x sets of earphones - never received anything same as above

The only thing that I have received is 1 splitter that had no markings in the picture on dealextreme but when it arrived it had a horrible fake apple logo on it with the word apple in 'times new roman' font! I had given up on it arriving and then suddenly out of nowhere a tiny package arrives in my office 2 months later!

However my friend swears by it, and has always received the goods! Maybe I'm not extreme enough for them! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Its hard to find a website that will deliver to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Baza210 wrote: »
    Hifiheadphones.co.uk - Some top-line 'phone brands. Delivery dependent on size of item.

This company deliver to Ireland. I've used them and i was happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BISHBOY

Frustrated at inability to replace the battery in a Samsung MP 3 player! Is there someone in Galway that can supply & fit a replacement ?
    Also is it worth replacing the batteries in a small Archos.

I hate having to throw these out especially the Samsung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Hey folks,

Hopefully this is an appropriate place,

Looking to buy Audio-Technica ATH-M50s.

Looking around online it seems like the cheapest place to buy is from US Amazon which would be a pain but it's working out €30 cheaper than UK Amazon despite including €30 shipping and €25 import duty deposit. (anyone have experience with this? ever been charged more than the deposit?)

Also none of the sites linked in this thread could better the US Amazon price of € ~€147.

Also had a look around brick and mortar websites like harveynorman.ie, currys.ie with a view to dropping in to them but none of them seem to stock these.

Anyone got any other sites that may sell these at cheaper than €147 or heard of a shop in Dublin stocking these? (would pay abit xtra to avoid a long delivery from the states)

Cheers.

The cheapest place I could find it was one of the sellers on Amazon.co.uk. I think it worked out about €160~.

I probably would have preferred a coiled cable than straight but fine otherwise.

Edit: From Essential AV Services £134 at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Morf wrote: »
    The cheapest place I could find it was one of the sellers on Amazon.co.uk. I think it worked out about €160~.

I probably would have preferred a coiled cable than straight but fine otherwise.

Edit: From Essential AV Services £134 at the time.

Cool, how are they working out for you overall? happy with em?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Ath M50 €169 here.
    http://www.xmusic.ie/Audio-Technica-Atmh50-p-27569.html
    It's about the same as buying from amazon.co.uk and cheaper than thomann.de but it's a bricks and mortar store in Dublin.

Cool, how are they working out for you overall? happy with em?

Yes, very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Momo1991

Hi I just wanted to buy the SMS 50 sync headphone from a retailer not online dose any body now where can I get theme thanks.

Advertisement