Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software for Canon 350D on Vista?

• 11-07-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭

My old laptop ran xp, so when i was buying my new one I got it with an optional xp downgrade, which I ran straight away. I loaded the canon software onto the new laptop no problem, since the disks are for xp. I only use the software for hooking up the camera, and use picasa for everything else (I'm a recent convert and can't believe how cool it is).

But I am thinking of re-installing Vista. Can I then just download from canon's site the software I need to allow the camera to hook up to the laptop? it's probably a stupid question, but I really don't want to spend an afternoon installing a whole new OS and not be able to use my camera with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I don't think you should have any problems, and you can also connect the card from the camera with a card reader, without having to connect the camera thus saving battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

definately recommend a card reader for about €10 - €15 in Tesco/Dixons/PC World etc.. or about €2 on flea bay. If buying one, then remember that you probably don't need a 500 in 1 card reader. I have a SDHC card reader which is all I need. I think this way also has an advantage in so far as you aren't putting pressure on the mini usb connector on your camera but that is probably a minor detail. Then you can import directly from the memory card into picassa which will manage everything for you. It becomes even cooler if that were possible. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I must get a sdhc reader.
    I have an SD reader built into my laptop but it wont read sdhc.

Advertisement