Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Next Meet up thread

• 11-07-2009 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

Right oh, lets get some plans on the go.
    two things to note, I'm not organising it, I'm not saying I'll definitely go.

I know so useful. Unfortunately, circumstances prevent me from being able to guarantees my time. Still I think we might as well get on with figuring this thing out.

Obviously we know the location, well i assume we do....
    So the date is the big thing to decide.
    Also, just casuals or do you want to set up some sort of tourny?
    Maybe have a couple of machines set up for casuals and one dedicated to tourny matches?

Also how much are the machines, if we have a bunch of people we should probably get more machines if its only going to be a small difference.
    Anywho thats enough useless bollox from me.

Go.

Now playing: James Brown - The Boss via FoxyTunes

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Well it will be probably run simialr to previous versions.

I think the demand if there for a competition this time. But at the previous events with competitions there was plenty of casual play, so its not like you only get to play when your in the competition.

I'm sure the cost will work out at something like €5 for several hours casaul play and we all throw something like either €5 or €10 into a pot for the competition.

Competition will be double elimination format.
    All characters are allowed.

Wonder if someone could bring a camera and record the matches. We could post them up here for discussion afterwards and we all get to laugh at the Zangief players when they loose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Let me see if I can find the attachment for my tripod; I've got a DV-cam that could be used -- could've been used to record that Bison-Honda match we had last time! :((it was vs you, right?)

No idea.

But it would be great if you brought yours along.

Wonder if we could get two camcorders. We could record all the games.

Anyone else got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, nice one for setting up the thread. Sorry for not doing it before :(

Yeah, I think the format will be tourney this time out. I reckon we could rent 4 xboxs (3 for the tourney and 1 for casuals/warmup for those who might arrive late).

About managing the tournament, I can do that gladly but can someone link me to the program so that I can check it out and familiarise myself with the system. If anyone has a laptop, would it be alright if you could bring it down?

Something to note though lads, as this is going to be a tournament, start time will have to be sharp so seeing as the start time was 2 for the last 2 meets, we can meet up at 2 and we could get the tournament going at 3.

I'll set up a thread with all the details in a few days when everything becomes clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

What's the date for this?

• Advertisement

I'd imagine the date is next Saturday the 18th of July starting at either 1 or 2pm, but before confirming that we will probably see the interest levels first. Judging from the other thread I think next Saturday looks good. We can continue our Halo debate in person if you like with no pesky mods to ban us for derailing threads! :D

I'd also rent out one or two PS3 all though the majority should be Xbox alright but there is a few that prefer PS3. We can mix casual and competitive play on those PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Azza wrote: »
    I'd imagine the date is next Saturday the 18th of July starting at either 1 or 2pm, but before confirming that we will probably see the interest levels first. Judging from the other thread I think next Saturday looks good. We can continue our Halo debate in person if you like with no pesky mods to ban us for derailing threads! :D
    I'll bring a copy of Halo: Combat Evolved for just such an occasion. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Leprekaun wrote: »
    About managing the tournament, I can do that gladly but can someone link me to the program so that I can check it out and familiarise myself with the system.

Here ya go

http://www.adrianljones.com/software.htm

Advertisement