Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FETAC Results 2009

• 11-07-2009 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know when the FETAC results will be coming out in 2009? If so, would they be sent in the mail? Thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Someone on here said that they would be coming out this week. And yes as far as I know you receive them by mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ikarus14

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Someone on here said that they would be coming out this week. And yes as far as I know you receive them by mail.

Awesome. That puts my nerves at ease. I was really starting to worry. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 samanthac

did anyone get their results yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

samanthac wrote: »
    did anyone get their results yet ?

It seems like most people have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I received mine 2 days ago, happy days:D I would imagine they would be sent out for most of the students for this years exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gogginlogin

I still havnt gotten my results. and do we have to wait until the cao results come out like everyone else to find out if we got a place in a colllege or do they let us know earlier??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ylad

hi everyone waiting 4 cao offers has anybody got an offer yet? i'm waiting 4 1 but got nothing yet does that mean i'm not going 2 in this round and is there anyway of finding out if fetac places have been filled?:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 unugh

ylad wrote: »
    hi everyone waiting 4 cao offers has anybody got an offer yet? i'm waiting 4 1 but got nothing yet does that mean i'm not going 2 in this round and is there anyway of finding out if fetac places have been filled?:confused::(

I got my CAO 1st choice offer this morning,but my course was restricted and we got accepted by the college back in March.
    From what I was told all non LC students should still get their offers today ?
    It may be worth contacting the college over this , rather than CAO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ylad

unugh wrote: »
    I got my CAO 1st choice offer this morning,but my course was restricted and we got accepted by the college back in March.
    From what I was told all non LC students should still get their offers today ?
    It may be worth contacting the college over this , rather than CAO.
    Well done 2 u hope you enjoy your course thanks 4 the helpful advice I'll try ringing the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

I'm still waiting on my FETAC results! Don't know why they send them to the college and not directly to the person-saving on envelopes maybe!
    I did my course in local Seondary School, so suppose there's no one in the office, is there any online facility to check your FETAC results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Some college/schools(FETAC) do.But if you havent heard from your one i doubt it does an online facility.Contact course Co-ordinator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sxcemez

I thought that i was going to get offered my first choice in round zero offers last friday and i actualy got offered Dbs as its a private college but Fetac do not send out offers to the cao till august and people waiting for offers will receive them in round one which is august 17th at 6am.
    I contacted The national college of ireland (my first choice) and they told me the exact same thing.
    For more information check out page 17 of the cao handbook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Still haven't got my FETAC results, it's getting beyond a joke at this stage.

maybe contact fetac about it.
    i got mine late last week and i did my exams at the very start of may
    it took ages.
    maybe there is a mix up with something so my advice wud be to contact them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Smokie09

I did my FETAC exams in May this year. I got my results on the first week of July . I was then offered my first choice at DCU on Friday. Thats when alot of the FETAC quota places went out I think. By the way I got 8 Distintions and a Merit. :D

some colleges have a fetac quota so maybe the likes of dcu send out offers before round zero.
    when i contacted the cao they told me very few fetac places are given out in round zero ( i got dbs as my 2nd choice on friday as its a private college) but i am waiting for my offer for Nci i contacted them as well and they said there offers arent out till august (thank god cause i had a big fit on friday morning as i thought i didnt get nci lol )
    btw i done two years and had 14 subjects
    and i got 11 distinction the rest in merits :D
    got the highest mark you can get in fetac as they mark your best 6 subjects and the highest you can get is 420.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

I also got my first choice at DCU on Friday, it does seem they might send them out early.

I also got my first choice at DCU on Friday, it does seem they might send them out early.
    What u doing at DCU. I was chuffed. Did you recive any information from them yet?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sxcbecca

I got my offer last friday. Didnt get my 1st or second place so i was abit dissappointed:( because I got 8 distinctions and 1 merit and thought i would get either my 1st or 2nd choice. Anyway i got my 3rd choice of DCU so am happy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭CZ 453

You still may get better offers if points start to go down in your first two preferences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

Smokie09 wrote: »
    What u doing at DCU. I was chuffed. Did you recive any information from them yet?.

I'm doing International Relations, which is what I really wanted to do so I was delighted. Haven't gotten anything yet but I don't think we will get information until after tomorrow since that's the deadline for Round Zero acceptance.

I'm doing International Relations, which is what I really wanted to do so I was delighted. Haven't gotten anything yet but I don't think we will get information until after tomorrow since that's the deadline for Round Zero acceptance.

yea international relations was my second choice. my first was law and society which i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gmkgreaney

got mine 2 week ago, just an a4 page whith results , said id get proper cert in 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Philly Notaro

I got my 1st choice in DCU too... looks like we're all going to dcu ha... finally goin to big boy college:pac:

I got my 1st choice in DCU too... looks like we're all going to dcu ha... finally goin to big boy college:pac:

What u doing at DCU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Smokie09 wrote: »
    I did my FETAC exams in May this year. I got my results on the first week of July . I was then offered my first choice at DCU on Friday. Thats when alot of the FETAC quota places went out I think. By the way I got 8 Distintions and a Merit. :D

My brother's considering a fetac, but i was just wondering about distinctions and merits....how hard is it to get a distinction?

I'm just thinking, cuz he got 305 in the leaving is 80% expecting too much if exams are like-for-like with the LC? Or is it marked slightly differently / did you do so well cuz it was different subjects to LC and you had more of an interest in them, hence easier for you to study??

Thanks

My brother's considering a fetac, but i was just wondering about distinctions and merits....how hard is it to get a distinction?

I'm just thinking, cuz he got 305 in the leaving is 80% expecting too much if exams are like-for-like with the LC? Or is it marked slightly differently / did you do so well cuz it was different subjects to LC and you had more of an interest in them, hence easier for you to study??

Thanks

Honestly I really dont no much about school as i left at 14 so i did all FETAC levels 3,4 in FAS and 5 in further education. Out of every body else on the course I was the only one who got that many distintions, this i because I never missed haning in assignments. My advice is to chose level 5 course that he would really enjoys because many people lose intrest.

Like i said dont know what the school system is really like because I never attended. :rolleyes: I am also lead to believe that people who get all distintions for the full fetac award generally get there first choice, provided it is a relevant cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gary.c.

hey guys...
    in a bit of a huff and puff situation at the mo.. want to apply to fetac for a course in order for me to apply to uni next year. i cant find much info on the net so hope u can help plz..

the university state that i need the following fetac modules done..
    BBSXX Business Studies, BBSAX Business Studies - Administration, BBSIT International Trade, BMXXX Marketing

now, all i can find is each one individually, and they that it will take one full year of intensive study. so does that mean that i would have to do 4 years??!!!! that dosint sound right at all :S

can somebody please enlighten me asap...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gary.c.

hey folks,

a little lost here in regards to the fetac course..

just a quick question, is the fetac more diffucalt than LC? is is hard to get distinctions? i am 23 and planning on my next move as i am planning to go to uni next year. i am trying to decide as to go dow the lc route or featc route.

a reply would be much appreciated.

gary

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

gary.c. wrote: »
    hey folks,

a little lost here in regards to the fetac course..

just a quick question, is the fetac more diffucalt than LC? is is hard to get distinctions? i am 23 and planning on my next move as i am planning to go to uni next year. i am trying to decide as to go dow the lc route or featc route.

a reply would be much appreciated.

gary

not at all

Advertisement