Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm digging Ultrachen TV more and more as I watch it.

Since the departure of Gootecks, I'm definitely enjoying Cross Counter Live less, and "the Tuesday show" is filling that hole in my weekly fighting games news

This one is fairly damning of SFxT's hype at tournaments, which is surprising because Ultradavid in particular has been very positive about some of the mechanics, but it seems like he still finds the whole package massively lacking. (Does anyone know what "soccer" game they're talking about? I'd absolutely watch that).

Also I need to google me some Dive Kick Tournament footage, sounds weirdly hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Best comment:
    BrolyLegs wrote:
    Least I wont be able to do this mistake

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not an actual video, but I found this mildly amusing.

I was just checking my new subscriptions on the youtube channel and found this guy:

The Salty Week of MVC2 - Day 1
    9 hours ago
    Miles923 • 8,605 views
    TheTrickyHusk commented:
    non stop keep away?.. that looked frustrating and lame to play against, ughhhh

Inferno XXVI SSF4AE2012 Dreddybajs Cammy vs Azza Bison
    9 minutes ago
    Brianvondoom 10 views
    Subscribed

Another Ultrachen, all about Virtua Fighter

Seems a lot more straight-forward, simple and input lenient than I was lead to believe.

I'd be interested to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'd heard this film was looking pretty good and that there's a couple of SF shoutouts in it - the trailer looks really great!

• Advertisement

Look at the cameos!

*edit* Dammit Sairus!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Look at the cameos!
    Aw look. 360p. Isn't that adorable.

Wow, cameos!

That's no ordinary Zombie, that's the first enemy from the first House of the Dead game! :D

Doing a little recording tonight for various reasons and thought I'd do this little nugget for those who do not know (and say it doesn't exist, in some cases!)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

Looks like another tool-assisted 'Desk' video, interesting parts all the same though; Overcompressed audio track, cheesy day-one AfterEffects / FinalCutPro OTT editing, Honda 48hit, and Chun 99hit aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Desk has turned his attention to a different fighting game (think it's on the Indie Arcade, so setup those American accounts!). This is an intro video to explain the basic concepts.....so you can later understand all the wacky stuff and game breaking he is doing. Looks like Capcom could learn a thing or two about infinites! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think I'll stick to Virtua Fighter, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Wow, that guy is irritating...

It's still relevant, and it's still horrid from a consumer standpoint.

At least Virtua Fighter is honest about its DLC.
    "Here's the game for €15. Do you want silly costumes? Those cost extra, but you know you're actually downloading them because they're 100mb/character."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just in case anyone missed it. Final FT7 between Diago and Xian (from CC) in the South-East Asia Major 2012.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Some great matches and comebacks in there. Well worth the time.

/Dat GEN!

Absolutely love this set.
    Bonchan and Daigo recently played an extended exhibition set in front of a live audience at Taito Station in Tokyo. Luckily, the footage was recorded and uploaded for us to watch online. There’s too much brilliance on display (from both players) to cover at once, so i’m going to focus on one particular detail: Daigo is one of the best players in the world at walking forward. It’s absurd how good he is at something most people don’t even pay attention to.

observations:
    I could teach someone all of Daigo’s combos and option selects in about 2-3 weeks, but learning how to walk forward like Daigo would probably take me at least two years of practicing every day. Check out the round at 34:20. Daigo corners a world-class Sagat without even losing a quarter of his lifebar, keeps him cornered for the rest of the round, and knows how to make it count. Just look at how much time he spends not blocking right in front of Sagat. That **** is terrifying!

He ends that round by walking a mile and then DP-FADC-Ultra'ing some random button that Sagat must have pressed. Ryu’s uppercut hits on frame 3, and Sagat was blocking that entire time until he touched a button. Which means Daigo had to know exactly when Bonchan was going to flinch, accurate to within 1/20th of a second. And he only knew that because he spent the entire round walking right at him and learning his tendencies – even though every time he walks forward, he’s wagering 40% of his lifebar and potentially letting Sagat out of the corner. Gutsy!

And it’s not just being brash and reckless either. It’s precision too. At 34:29, Sagat gets an opportunity to push Ryu away with an LK Tiger Knee, which is safe on block from that range. There’s nothing Ryu can do about it. At 34:44, Daigo somehow miraculously reads that another Tiger Knee is coming, steps forward like 3 pixels and immediately blocks to make the Tiger Knee connect slightly earlier than Bonchan wanted – which worsens its frame disadvantage and makes it punishable. And Sagat gets sent right back in the corner.

Triforce fits right in next to Walter Day (of King of Kong and Chasing Ghosts "fame")

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Triforce Vid

What did he win? "Standing in the line the bestest" award?

• Advertisement

Orim wrote: »
    What did he win? "Standing in the line the bestest" award?

It was "Standing in the line the mostest"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Best name for a move in any fighting game ever? (0:52)

I'm playing this game and I'm playing that character.

Don't be silly, DooM. We know you'll end up maining Aegis and Labrys.

Another Capcom FG ruined.

:pac:

Sairus wrote: »
    Don't be silly, DooM. We know you'll end up maining Aegis and Labrys.

They the ones with no feet? They sound like they have no feet.

• Advertisement

We all know this feeling, eh? :D

Advertisement