Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I genuinely don't understand the utter disdain towards it, it's so catchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

take you for a ride owns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Music is a matter of taste. It's a painfully looped tune with continuous repitition of probably the most unlikely 'Fighting Game' lyrics I've ever heard in my life - That and it's laced in Jazz, of all things.

It's annoying as f*ck and totally unsuiting, basically - But again, music is a matter of taste. If you can stomach it, all the power to you.

You've heard nothing until you've heard CVS2's London stage.

True love makin', indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Upbeat jazzyness is very Street Fighter though, but theres a lot of street fighter music I hate, most of Alpha 3's stuff. I do enjoy a fair few of the tracks in SFIV, just hate the main menu one.

SF2 is unbeatable though, its they are just true classics.

3rd strike was good. It worked well. I remember at the lan party with all the noise of pc's and people playing different games... I could hear this totally ****ing badass thumping beats in the back ground. I look over and its people playing 3s on barrys PC with his subwoofer giving it large.

Pity for me was I played 3s emulated which by default seemed to put the sounds quality on low which sucked :(

For some reason though the base came out heavy for example the drum beats from this track are much much more pronounced in the arcade version:

classic ryu's :

one track I never got to hear that much was this as I never played much SP

killer beats :p and finally ibuki's :

Dunno how anyone could think the 3s music was ****e tbh anyway I could go on posting 3s music all day, so I'll stop : p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Pity for me was I played 3s emulated which by default seemed to put the sounds quality on low which sucked

You may already know this, but...

There's 2 options in the configuration menu on arcade 3rd Strike and they're available in the emulations, also. The default, which makes the game sound a bit ****ty is to have the sound played directly from the JAMMA connection. GGPO and 2DF use this method. They should change it to the second option.

The second option takes advantage of the CPS3 boards RCA outputs to play the sound through an external source, and sounds much better. It's like the JAMMA option is mono, and the External option is stereo. Try it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No matter what comes out, I don't think this can be outdone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No matter what comes out, I don't think this can be outdone.

Fixed that for you ;)

Can't say I like any of those, either.
    :eek:
    Typical DnB beat mixed in with something unsuiting to give the impression that it fits in, especially that Akuma one.
    facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

As said, I respect people's taste in music and that we all have our own preferences and opinions but I regard most of all that stuff so samey and eyeroll worthy.

Yeah some people like westlife and Britney spears and I like pearl jam and the prodigy, people are strange :p

lol
    Relikk wrote: »
    You may already know this, but...

There's 2 options in the configuration menu on arcade 3rd Strike and they're available in the emulations, also. The default, which makes the game sound a bit ****ty is to have the sound played directly from the JAMMA connection. GGPO and 2DF use this method. They should change it to the second option.

The second option takes advantage of the CPS3 boards RCA outputs to play the sound through an external source, and sounds much better. It's like the JAMMA option is mono, and the External option is stereo. Try it. :p

yeah I did, thats how I knew it played the quality on low, cause there was a way to play it at higher quality. Otherwise I would have just assumed thats the way the game was.

@D4rk Onion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVr38y-swdk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

zangief.jpg

• Advertisement

Just asking to go on dreddies fightstick!:pac:

I was thinking of getting this Hagar pic:

SharkSlam.png

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Was an avid Darkstalkers player and I used to love some of the music in it, such as this one. Calm opening into upbeat and haunting at the same time, made to suit the intended character (BBHood) 100% without detracting from the fact it's a fighting game.

I like Bulletta's/BBHoods music,I still play a bit of Vampire Savior on ggpo from time to time and she's the only character I know.Listerning to the music you can just hear her skipping along "la,la,la" and then stopping and pulling out an uzi.

Gotta love her crazy supers too,especially the one where she slams the other guy down and starts crying and her dead grandmother appears above her.

Her weird little raps after winning are funny too.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

To paraphrase a certain well-known piece of videogame journalism: the Robo-Ky combo at 1:45 blew my entire face off with maximum awesome.

Yreval wrote: »

fking fantastic, faved!

Everything's better with Vocaloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Someone just posted this 09' Combo Vid on the SRK Forums, it's a WeGame stream so can't embed it, sadly. Half way through it right now and some of them are just NASTEH.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/09er-street-fighter-4-combo-video/

That's CLASS!

A lot of use of the corner but man that Ken combo around 4 minutes in where he drops a taunt after the crumple and then continues the combo! ****ing imagine someone pulling that **** on you. That had me laughing with sheer delight at how bold it was.

Funny thing is, if SFIV had another year's play before Super, we probably WOULD be seeing that kinda stuff in regular tournaments.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No idea why but Guiles backwards-ultra fail at the end of this match made me crack up laughing @ 1:50
    Guile is CLEARLY overpowered with his broken Ultra.

That's happened to me against Azza, at least 5 times...

Weird he didn't go for an airthrow at least once. Guess he was messing around :)

Sweet combo video, at least one of the combos with a dizzy could've been mashed out of though, I think.

[/QUOTE]

Can anyone notice something really weird about Guile in this SF build? It might just be something I'd forgotten, but don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can anyone notice something really weird about Guile in this SF build? It might just be something I'd forgotten, but don't think so.

That's the SNES version so there's differences between it and the arcade release.

Is it his non-flippy jumps you're talking about by the way?

The trailer for the forthcoming KOF movie:

I see a character that looks vaguely similar to Geese, another that looks vaguely like Mai (and that's really stretching it), a duo who might be Vice and Mature - and that's it as far as even remotely recognisable characters are concerned.

Is it his non-flippy jumps you're talking about by the way?

Yup. It's really disconcerting. I never played the SNES world warrior game so I wouldn't have ever seen it.

Yup. It's really disconcerting. I never played the SNES world warrior game so I wouldn't have ever seen it.

They fixed it for Turbo.

ITT: Doom was/is more hardcore than you.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    ITT: Doom was/is more hardcore than you.

Nah, he was just too poor to own a SNES and had a Megadrive instead!

Advertisement