Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thank goodness for that, I thought I'd lost what little funny I had!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It was supposed to be a joke, that is, honda's only ultra set up is to just do the thing. Apologies if the humour was too obscure
    Must not... use... roll eyes!

Ah my bad :)

Okay, so, it's not a video, but it's much more important anyway. For months now it is a questions... NO... the question which has been racking our brains. We have searched high and low for the answer, but to no avail. What am I talking about you say?

WHAT IS THE AXIOM?! Well I've put it to the greatest minds of our time. Let's join the action. Feel free to join in...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

RopeDrink wrote:
    Being told constantly to 'relax' over and over when I'm casually making a point is aggravating. Now, if I was going off on an enraged bender for no reason I'd understand, but I'm just making a point in a relaxed manner - "Gee man, relax!", "I am relaxed.", "Yeah but, like, relax!" - Oversensitive? Sure, maybe I'm being sensative, but I'm not flaming or being a jackass, I'm making a point.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    I said "Yeah, thanks a lot." deleted the video and moved on. Whats with this whole soul tarnished garbage?
    RopeDrink wrote:
    I am very relaxed.

You generally come across as over sensitive in your postings on this particular sub forum. Its not that your last reply to Cunny merited such a torrent of "Relaxs" which I admit if I was on the receiving end of would of be god damn irritating, but it stems from the overall impression a lot of people on this forum get of you from your posts and possible playing you in online in SF IV. You come across as extremely defensive. Your low regard for your own playing ability more than likely compounds this perception as you frequently posted both here and in your youtube descriptions that your a lowly keyboard player or scrubby players or words to such effect.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    This is what irks me - People complained about it and yet who said they had to watch anything? I'll be honest and say I skipped so many videos in here because it wasn't remotely interesting, in some cases, plain annoying, but I don't go telling the movie poster off for it. I just, y'know, skip the post.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    I get it, majority don't care for what I find interesting so I'm moving on - I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and a smoke, browsing through Boards to pass some morning time so please don't tell me to bloody relax again

I have not been really paying attention to this thread or its videos much,
    I don't know what you have posted in this thread but again the people are probably just responding to your overall posting habits. I remember seeing several Boxer videos of yours in some threads a while back with you posting along the lines of "this situation reminds me of the time I was playing as boxer and did this" and here is the video reference when it seemed to have little relevance to the original topic whatever it was. The embedding of videos in these posts just didn't seem that necessary and as far as I can recall usually just showed Boxer doing Buffalo Headbutt Ultra set up. You seemed to have a Boxer Video for every occasion and that perception has just stuck.

I would imagine the majority of people don't find irrelevant Boxer videos particularly interesting which you seemed to have lately stopped posting. I don't imagine anyone has an issue with the replays of actual matches with Boxer in them in the match advice thread or fighting game related videos in this thread.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    I didn't spam mine, either. What did I post... Four?
    RopeDrink wrote:
    So I'm a movie spammer, then...

Well you post more movies than most but I would not classify you as a spammer, nor if you where is it necessarily a bad thing, I don't have an issue with posting a large number of videos as long as there is some point to them and there relevant to the topic being discussed. I haven't checked what you have been posting lately but it looks like you have got the point and stopped posting the Boxer highlight videos the frequency of which use to bemuse posters around here. Again I reckon Cunnys post is more just a reaction to the overall impression you have given off in your posts. I'm not trying to lecture you or be condescending here or anything, you probably got the point I'm making already you probably got it a while back, I just want to be sure and also to stress the point we more than welcome your other non Boxer Highlight reels video posts. Of course from person to person the interest in these videos may vary but the same applies to everyone else's posts.

Sorry if I'm stating the blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I dont see the problem. Ropey's a boxer player, and he posts his boxer vids. Obviously the stickied thread is the best place for match vids, but he links vids in the context of conversation. If people dont want to watch they don't have to.

If I had the capabilities all you would be seeing would be laggy blanka matches :D

• Advertisement

RopeDrink wrote: »
    ONION - Do one with Honda Ultra'ing from a Focus Attack and you can be sure we'll all think he's way too overpowered :P
    My 1337 fighting skills have not progressed to the skill required to do the fabled focus>ultra, but one day I dream of pulling it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Being told constantly to 'relax' over and over when I'm casually making a point is aggravating.

but I'm just making a point in a relaxed manner - "Gee man, relax!", "I am relaxed.", "Yeah but, like, relax!"

I am very relaxed.

I was very relaxed... Until the 5th 'Relax, man' comment :rolleyes:
    I'm sitting here with a cup of tea and a smoke, browsing through Boards to pass some morning time so please don't tell me to bloody relax again

(Must.....resist.....temptation)

Jesus Ropey, Relax!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Real talk, the only irritating thing about RopeDrink is that he puts a lot of time and intellectual effort into Street Fighter IV, but, last time I checked, he refuses to attend offline competitions. I mean, that irritates and puzzles me in equal measure. That's like paying for two overpriced cinema tickets, two stale cokes with ice, crap popcorn, watching an equally crap film because it's de rigeur among the Facebook crowd (read: the most recently released horror film), putting yourself through all that for the big payoff, and, then, saying you'll "talk tomorrow". What's the point?

Or, maybe that's the logical trend online gaming has taken us: more and more players are satisfied with competing online. Just be glad your community still puts a premium on LAN events, I guess. PES & FIFA forums are run by someone who shall remain nameless (let's call him, Mr Guy, or Future X), who can't wait to set-up an online league; I'm starting to think he actually gets high off of setting up online tournaments and leagues. Put your clock to it, the minute he got his hands on a copy of SFIV, he was in here quick-as-a-flash eagerly awaiting his fix of setting up some online league. If that guy ever sets up a PES or FIFA LAN event, he can actually have my babies.

Anyway, if you have attended an Inferno Ranbat event, RopeDrink, my sincere apologies for applying to you your once-held but discarded opinion today, and ignore the following question and subsequent paragraph.

If you haven't or don't plan on attending, you couldn't explain why you put all this intellectual and physical energy into a competitive sport but won't actually compete at a LAN event?

And, please don't say it's a question of time or money, because if you have the money to have a PC capable of playing SFIV, or the time to play numerous matches online and upload them, you're not short in either; at least, not enough that you can't make one trip to Dublin to play in an event (I've assumed you've lived in the west or south, but you better not tell me you live near or in Dublin, because that would take the piss).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thank goodness for that, I thought I'd lost what little funny I had!

Don't worry man, I got the joke too! Unfortunately it simply wasn't funny :pac:

A-Trak wrote:
    Jesus Ropey, Relax!
    Ha ha I was severely tempted to post that in my reply but I guess my unlimited psycho power gives me greater restraint. Honda players are so weak willed.
    Sagat06 wrote:
    Obviously the stickied thread is the best place for match vids, but he links vids in the context of conversation. If people dont want to watch they don't have to.

I think your slightly missing the point, I'm sure they don't actually watch the videos if they don't want to. They probably felt there was no point because after watching the first few they probably got the impression is was just the same videos being posted over and over more or less. They are not evening complaining about it, they are more making fun of it. Still its nice to have a clutter free forum.
    RopeDrink wrote:
    If people don't like what I've posted or consider it as 'spam' then thats fine, I won't be posting any more vids. Problem solved for everyone.
    Seems like an over reaction. The problem isn't solved if people want to watch your videos. As long as not basically the same video as one's you have recently posted then no one has an issue.
    NeoKubrick wrote:
    If you haven't or don't plan on attending, you couldn't explain why you put all this intellectual and physical energy into a competitive sport but won't actually compete at a LAN event?

Technically the ranbats aren't lan events.
    Finally no is one obligated to play SF IV as competitive sport. People can still play the game for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I am very relaxed.

Sorry the last page of posts reminded me of this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrrYZ9m6DFM#t=2m07s

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1) Ultimately we all play games for fun. How you find that fun is no one elses business. Just because someone doesn't want to come to meets doesn't mean that they enjoy the game any less.

2) Do not make this a bashing ropedrink thread. I won't have it. Just being pre-emptive.

3) Ropey you're going to have to accept poor ol Boxer's a bit like Guile- the subtle differences in play style don't register with people. they just see a dash punch/ sonic boom, and there's nothign wrong with that= you wouldn't notice the real nuances to their characters either. It doesn't help that his ultra set ups are annoyingly easy and most of the people here would have felt shafted fighting them at some point.

Azza wrote: »
    Technically the ranbats aren't lan events.
    Technically, it's 'none is', 'it's' and the bajillion of irrelevant technical mistakes you've made in your posts et cetera et cetera you petty petty Bison player or is that technically Dictator or pedantically Vega? ;)
    SF4 is what you make of it. I have no desire to compete within it... At all. I play WoW and focus on a PvP ShadowPriest and the same questions get asked to me, as if I have to 100% be in Arena and top of the season each patch because I say I like PvP when, truth be told, I just like playing with friends in battlegrounds.
    Finally no is one obligated to play SF IV as competitive sport. People can still play the game for fun.

Of course, if you play a competitive game, it doesn't mean that you're obligated to participate in the competitive scene, but anyone who is connected with the community and takes an interest past thinking the arcade mode is the best fighting experience the game has to offer and plays it competitively online a lot to improve, it does beg the question I asked. And, technically, labeling a game a competitive sport makes no related proportionate label of how fun or not fun a game is. For me, tournament matches are always more fun, interesting and exciting than casuals: participating or spectating.

If you're playing a strictly competitive game, but don't want to test your skill (however limited or limitless you think it is) and compete with others, then there's no point to playing a competitive game consistently to enable you to improve. It's as silly as going to the trouble of practicing your dribbling technique in football, which is different from a few people having a kick-about casually, but not turning up for matches to test your skill.
    1) Ultimately we all play games for fun. How you find that fun is no one elses business. Just because someone doesn't want to come to meets doesn't mean that they enjoy the game any less.

I think you missed the point of my post, entirely.

Neokubrick wrote:
    but anyone who is connected with the community and takes an interest past thinking the arcade mode is the best fighting experience the game has to offer and plays it competitively online a lot to improve, it does beg the question I asked
    Neokubrick wrote:
    If you're playing a strictly competitive game, but don't want to test your skill (however limited or limitless you think it is) and compete with others, then there's no point to playing a competitive game consistently to enable you to improve. It's as silly as going to the trouble of practicing your dribbling technique in football, which is different from a few people having a kick-about casually, but not turning up for matches to test your skill.

He doesn't play a lot though. He plays a moderate amount. Some people just like the game, but they only have so much time to put into one game and split it among other games and hobbies. He wants to be improve but its just not a major priority for him, so he will post up here to get advice or give it. Why improve at all then, because he still plays online.
    As he mentioned there is other factors preventing from travelling to a ranbat such as distance, travel time, expense, lack of keyboard facilities. So your question is answered and for perfectly legit reasons.

Besides who says SF IV is strictly a competitive game. Its what the player wants it to be.
    3) Ropey you're going to have to accept poor ol Boxer's a bit like Guile- the subtle differences in play style don't register with people. they just see a dash punch/ sonic boom, and there's nothign wrong with that= you wouldn't notice the real nuances to their characters either. It doesn't help that his ultra set ups are annoyingly easy and most of the people here would have felt shafted fighting them at some point

Real nuances!!! The nuances those two have is they both bore you to death. All Rog has comes from his c.lp. Wong stopped playing him from that reason. All he has is that Jab. Its like you need just one combo with him and if your feeling saucy you will learn his dash upper variant of it. He doesn't even have a cross up.

As for Guile "Good day sir, what would you like to eat, we have 50 different types of light punch boom, with a side order of air throw".

He doesn't play a lot though. He plays a moderate amount. Some people just like the game, but they only have so much time to put into one game and split it among other games and hobbies. He wants to be improve but its just not a major priority for him, so he will post up here to get advice or give it. Why improve at all then, because he still plays online.
    As he mentioned there is other factors preventing from travelling to a ranbat such as distance, travel time, expense, lack of keyboard facilities. So your question is answered and for perfectly legit reasons.

Besides who says SF IV is strictly a competitive game. Its what the player wants it to be.
    We've moved past the fact that my question was answered after RopeDrink had given his answer to my question (I thanked him for his explanation and that was clearly that), but then you and RopeDrink challenged the basis for asking the question in the first place. Thus, I gave my perfectly logical basis for asking the question: "it does beg the question I asked". Your skillful side-step into positioning yourself as defending RopeDrink after Doom laid down the law in prohibiting bashing of RopeDrink is noted: a bit of an overreaction.

Right enough thread derailment here.

Lets get back to posting interesting videos shall we?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I just like explain some stuff since I managed to some how start a grilling of poor old ropey.

First of all, I was trying to funny when I kept saying relax to try and ease the mood as I was worried about how to make the post with out it being to blunt. Boy did that back fire rofl :(

It's a bit of a paradox trying to explain to an over sensitive person that he's being over sensitive as calling him oversensitive is going cause an over sensitive reaction.... or something. Clarification: Not that I'm saying you are ropey, I don't know you, you can't know a person on a forum the lads on here are not the same in real life as they post on here.

I'm saying you come across as oversensitive. That's all. That you read too much into a comment someone would say, and take it to heart and feel bad... or whatever. When all the person might have been doing was making a joke or whatever... hence...relax... but I won't say that again I'll say chillax from now on :p

but I'm not flaming or being a jackass, I'm making a point.

I didn't say that you were? Or are you saying this is what how you interpret my post, if so then you really do need to em... yeah

I said "Yeah, thanks a lot." deleted the video and moved on. Whats with this whole soul tarnished garbage?

WTF you even DELETED the video? Holy ****. It was only ONE comment made in jest, probably not even after watching the video just seeing the boxer thumbnail. So yes it does seem like you... soul tarnished...whatever I said last post..yeah.. >_> although I was being a little over dramatic of the sake of comedy.

Bah

I am very relaxed.

You don't appear that way.

This is what irks me - People complained about it and yet who said they had to watch anything?

People? People? Once again, one person made a joke comment. Thats it. Thats all it was...fkin months ago now also. One person made a 'joke' and now the whole forums is against you and you deleted the video, what the hell man?
    but I don't go telling the movie poster off for it. I just, y'know, skip the post.

wtf it was ONE joke! ONCE. Nobody told you off????

I didn't spam mine, either. What did I post... Four?

So I'm a movie spammer, then...

Eh well I wasn't really saying that but I suppose you...are? Is that so bad, wasn't meant to be an insult. I'm not asking you to stop posting videos, I'm saying you seem to take comments people say to heart, and over react.

I can only imagine if people tried to make jokes with you like they do with terry.

I'm telling you to re... I mean 'chillax' because it'd be cool to be able to joke with you without worrying that you'll take it seriously, go on the defense and type massive long post over explaining and unnecessarily defending yourself, then think everyone on boards hates you and you delete all your youtube videos and set fire to your copy of street fighter 4, never to be heard of again. Until 6 months later you turn up drunk at one of the casuals and start attacking everyone with a keyboard while making all of balrogs japanese voice's sounds.:p:p:p:p

Disclaimer : The previous paragraph has been over exaggerated for comedy purposes - I do not actually think that.

I was very relaxed... Until the 5th 'Relax, man' comment :rolleyes:

& to think I was actually gonna type "P.S Relax" at the end of my last post. :o

But seriously I wasnt trying to piss you off at all man.

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I dont see the problem. Ropey's a boxer player, and he posts his boxer vids.

There is no problem. This is my point. Someone made a joke, that is all. I don't see the problem with terry picking Sagat , but Sagat is top tier thus, a few jokes are made. No problem.

There is no problem with a boxer player posting his boxer vids. But not all enjoy boxer vids plus boxers ultra is annoying :p. Thus a joke was made. etc etc etc etc

In closing, just on this discussion about ropey being into the game but not tournies.

Rope since I'm being blunt. I think your a good player, I like your boxer to fight against, I enjoy the pace and energy of your play style. Not only do I think it'd be a good addition to the group but I think you'd really be pleasantly surprised and have great time. This is why I make the odd few jabs at you to stop playing at 15fps , turn up etc etc, stop talking as if you suck at the game and are only pure casual when you look up more vids than me and enjoy discussing the more in depth aspects of the game.

Yes the keyboard and the distance is understandable, I totally understand, really. Maybe look into that keyboard arcade stick thing kiki posted before. I dunno. But its annoying when you go out of your way to talk about how bad you are all the time when your a decent player man. Do you think you'd be the worst there? I don't think you really do. I also don't think you really do think your as bad as you like to say you are, that's just a pre-emptive defense in case anyone criticises your game play.

Eh... or something :p

Anyway I hope I don't enrage you with this post either. **** sake it's way too long as it is. I hope you understand that's not what I was trying to do at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

soul tarnish would be a good name for a new move for rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One quick thing about the "everything rog has comes from jab" bit.

It's very true, but it's also true for every character. Rufus sets up everything from the dive kick. Sagat has his zoning fireballs and tiger knee's. Guile has his booms, Vega has his walldives, Bisons game revolves around scissors kick, most of what sim does involves teleport, etc etc. etc.

Obviously it's too simplistic to say thats all they do but it's their go to move. I don't think it should be used as a stick to beat with.

I quite enjoy boxer videos. Not combo vids, but actual match videos. Imo he is cool to watch in a match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Kirby wrote: »
    One quick thing about the "everything rog has comes from jab" bit.

It's very true, but it's also true for every character. Rufus sets up everything from the dive kick. Sagat has his zoning fireballs and tiger knee's. Guile has his booms, Vega has his walldives, Bisons game revolves around scissors kick, most of what sim does involves teleport, etc etc. etc.

Obviously it's too simplistic to say thats all they do but it's their go to move. I don't think it should be used as a stick to beat with.

I quite enjoy boxer videos. Not combo vids, but actual match videos. Imo he is cool to watch in a match.

Edaurdo perez is one of my fav players to watch and he uses balrog. Not many people play like him though.

back on topic people.

I deleted the post.

Please stop taking the thread off topic. That conversation is done a few posts back, dude.

Thanks.

I deleted the post.

Please stop taking the thread off topic. That conversation is done a few posts back, dude.

Thanks.

Fair enough but tbh I don't appreciate that since it originated with me and I'm not allowed say anything about it. Cheers.

I've taken a shine to Viper a lot lately and this is why. Some seriously nice play from this viper player against Long Island Joe's Sagat.

Watch this. Really nice fight between the two demonstrating some really nice Faking on Viper's part and in fairness some lovely Combo's from Sagat too.

http://frame-advantage.com/beta/street-fighter-4/97-nec-x-singles/1000-flashm-viper-vs-li-joe-sagat

Part of a recent series from some NEC Series on Frame Advantage.

Full list of games can be found here:

http://frame-advantage.com/beta/street-fighter-4/97-nec-x-singles

OH And Chris Hu is commentating too in that match HAHA Looper. He even gives us a patented "FADC ULTRAAAAAAH!!"

Turns out that Flash Metroid chap went all the way to the final with his Viper to face Wong's Rufus

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

What do people here use to record vids btw? Fraps? Or is that still a serious resource hog?

Ry wrote: »

gotta love how chris hu keeps predicting what they're gonna do before they do it while commentating.

Rope I rarely see any gootecks but is he even any use? Like is he considered a top us boxer at all?
    Jim wrote: »
    What do people here use to record vids btw? Fraps? Or is that still a serious resource hog?

I use my camera hooked up to my pc via S-video so it actually comes up on my cameras screen and I record that way. Basically using it like a video machine lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I use my camera hooked up to my pc via S-video so it actually comes up on my cameras screen and I record that way. Basically using it like a video machine lol :p

Should of sprung an extra €100 for my cam so I could buy one that actually does video... :/

yeah sure yours would probably record it at a higher resolution too, as my camera is, (even though its a video camera and cost me ****ing 1200 euro back in the day) is an old mini DV cam, meaning mini DV resolutions.

I actually stretched the video for youtube in order to get them at HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I'm finding FRAPs a serious pain in the hole, takes up massive amounts of HD space when recording is my biggest bugbear as I'm on a laptop.

Advertisement