Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Holy fnking christbuckets check out Sanford going mental on Andre's arse in the second fight

RopeDrink wrote: »
    One for Doomy (and people who hate airthrows or throws in general)

Damn at the quality of that movie you posted, Shloer, game looks so silky smooth <3

you'd never know I study his fights intently. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Extremely good Chun player named One-Handed Terror (so-named because his left hand is deformed - he moves the stick using his wrist and palm, no functional fingers afaik) teams up with Dogface for SF4 commentary of them playing. ****ing quality. (First series isn't great, more of an introduction to OHT, but if you haven't heard of him before it has a great story of his epic journey to placing at USA Nationals of Tekken Tag).

I also highly recommend the Chun tutorial videos on his channel even if you don't play her - watching **** like that from players like OHT is how all of us should be looking to improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Rofl I was just about to post that vid, damn you dreddy :D

Very good matches and an entertaining watch. heres the playlist

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneHandedTerror#grid/user/219E54B8515A2576

Funny guys, and OHT is a very good chunny player so if you like playing as chun take notes.

Would be great if we set up a team to play these guys :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think Ireland has enough talent to challange these guys. Bush, Azza, Newtype and Cobelcog could definitely take them I reckon!

Ah yeah those lads would deffo take em , dogface is an average (by their standard) player. Hell I reckon I'd take dogface. OHT is very good however.

OHT's chun reminds me a lot of bushes chun actually. But hell I reckon a lot more of us than just our very top players would give them a nice game.

They're west coast US though so the lag would be horrible :(

**edit** and sure there would also be the timezone issue.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Timezones are little girls Sisko, real men do not sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

real men, aka unemployed men on the dole, eating cereal and waffles at 4am on msn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »
    real men, aka unemployed men on the dole, eating cereal and waffles at 4am on msn

You think we can afford such luxuries.

We eat dry crackers!*

*I do this anyway. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Holy fnking christbuckets check out Sanford going mental on Andre's arse in the second fight

Ye I saw this. Sanford is destroying people lately. FADC is a great channel, it has tournament vids every week.

Yeh I was watchin that there the other day and man he really goes nuts with the knuckle sparks. Andre hasn't a clue what to do. Sanford was destroying people as Sagat and then went Viper and has still been whipping them!

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Japanese National Tournament 3v3 finals

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Japanese National Tournament 3v3 finals

Part 2,featuring 100% more Bison!
    But TUC inevitably loses :(

Also for anyone interested there's a kumite with Mago on LordAborigines channel,I've only watched him play the three Dictator players so far (TUC,Headpress and Aki,who were all beaten relatively easily) and the final match which is just excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LordAborigineSF4#grid/user/E7961BFA4DF45A06

Rico Save vs Andre. Both class acts, so precise. Great first and last rounds.

The Grand Final from that set.

2 Sagat's but man amazing fight! :) Quality players.

This is some of the cleanest Akuma play I've ever seen. So nice to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

That 3rd round F*ck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

And now that they've taken the RH loop out that match becomes so much harder for Akuma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Me and DarkTalant were talking bout the Japanese scene (among other things) and this popped up. I mentioned some machine that records matches and puts them on a DVD from the arcade machine. Check it

• Advertisement

I was actually considering getting one of those new HD recorders for the vids but most of the decent ones require you to use them with a lap top so I'm not too hot on bringing one to XGC.

But if we do end up migrating some of the tournies away from XGC, it might be viable again.

I was actually considering getting one of those new HD recorders for the vids but most of the decent ones require you to use them with a lap top so I'm not too hot on bringing one to XGC.

But if we do end up migrating some of the tournies away from XGC, it might be viable again.

I'm sure someone wouldn't mind loaning a laptop or some ****. Or would an external HHD work?

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm sure someone wouldn't mind loaning a laptop or some ****. Or would an external HHD work?

Nope, the device has a hard drive, it needs software off a laptop.

Whatever about sticks leaving a pc around in XGC is asking for it to be nicked, I think.

Nope, the device has a hard drive, it needs software off a laptop.

Whatever about sticks leaving a pc around in XGC is asking for it to be nicked, I think.

I'd say if people are playing on a machine close to it at times or people just are careful and don't leave it lying around then yeah, doubt it will get robbed like. I can see where you're coming from though

Well we don't have access to PC's in XGC in the way that we'd need to do what you suggest.

Although I have a high...enough... end PC and I still wont risk recording with fraps. What I do is hook up my camera to my PC via S-video lead and then clone the display so it shows on my camera and pc, then record with my camera using it like a video machine.

I have an audio lead going into the camera too. So it gets sound fine. In fact, when I'm recording my ps3 gameplay (which means recording the screen) and still hook up the audio lead which helps.

It would be great if there was a type of cable splitter thing we could use to have the footage go to the TV and then plug into a camera at the same time, thus using it like a video machine. PPC at the lan party had something like this going.

I agree, a lot of it'll depend on the venue and what type of monitor the games being played on (pc/flatscreen or an old TV)

For example I'd say theres a way I could actually plug my PS3 into my camera, then have a lead from my camera to a TV. But I've not tried that yet.

And that'd mean people would have to play looking at an old SD TV.

Theres a lot of options out there alright though.

You should get your arse down to an event sometime man, look at darkonion coming from Clare :D

Yeah I'm into my video editing myself and have been meaning to bring my camera to events just to even capture the atmosphere a bit like Jim does with his stills, as well as help doom record a few matches.

I plan to make some sort of promotional vid for the irish fighting game community at some stage, just need to stop being so damn lazy.

If I can make it to france I'll deffo bring my camera to that too.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Only downside is you have no atmosphere/background sound recording or commentary unless you have people sitting with a seperate PC and recording with, say, Audacity while they commentate matches they are watching.

Nah if you use a mic you can set fraps to record the sound from that, so the movie would be the gameplay but the sound would be the button clicks/room noises/talking etc. I personally think that's very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Advertisement