Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »

Already posted a few pages back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

As this post on Sonic Hurricane points out, there has been a deluge of great SF4 combo videos lately. I've already posted two of them in this thread - here are the others.

(transcript here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

Man that Gouken stuff was IMPRESSIVE! HE PARRY's the whole of Ryu's super ffs. Class!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

54 Hit Combo from Seth, wow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

The bassist in this video is Desk/Biffotasty, creator of the first video in my last post. His YT channel is full of great stuff like Ken vs Gief and Vid of Dreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

why is he wearing a mask on his face?

I should seriously start recording some SF tune covers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

lol, never seen Wong's face during this video before:

:0

Why the **** is Wong mashing during the parry? What difference does it make lol xD

that is gas! crazy to see the famous moment uncut, watching daigo actually inputing those parries like a damn robot and wong freaking out lol .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

it is worth posting this twice its that good.

OMG Just watch Daigo's hands as you can hear the sounds. Absolute skill execution. Seeing Wong's reaction too is excellent. He knows how ****ing outplayed he was and he's in as much shock as the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He wasn't outplayed though.

Doing the Super at that time was definitely the right thing to do. It was at a range that is very hard to jump over on reaction and one hit would have won the match for him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ramza wrote: »
    Why the **** is Wong mashing during the parry? What difference does it make lol xD

Anything to throw your opponent off.

Chunkis constantly hits buttons too. Reminds me of the good ol days :)

He wasn't outplayed though.

Doing the Super at that time was definitely the right thing to do. It was at a range that is very hard to jump over on reaction and one hit would have won the match for him.

Yeh but he was outplayed in the fact that Daigo parry'd the entire thing and countered with his own combo into super for the victory.

This would in my opinion be considered "outplayed"

Not saying he did the wrong thing. Yeh it was perfect and in any other case against anyone else he'd probably have won. You can see he executes the super and his right hand lifts from the buttons right before he expects to win and then his jaw literally drops on seeing Daigo parry'ing it.
    Ramza wrote: »

I'd say it's more likely Panic kicking in there at the fact he needs 1 hit and doesn't want Daigo to counter his super when it finishes so I'd say he's praying for any contact he can make once control is restored to his Chun to be made as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Thats some hardcore mashing, lol. It reminds me of that video of the two guidos mashing in some arcade.

he looks like the douche he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »

reminds me of the time when you were full-parried up north :P

animaX wrote: »
    reminds me of the time when you were full-parried up north :P

i gave him that :)

• Advertisement

You know him do you? :rolleyes:

Shloer wrote: »
    You know him do you? :rolleyes:

well i have been reading about and watching him play for several years now.
    Also dont need to know people to label them douche's, we do it back in mine all the time so STFU hypocrite

well i have been reading about and watching him play for several years now.
    Also dont need to know people to label them douche's, we do it back in mine all the time so STFU hypocrite

I usually label someone a douche with good reason. I'm just wondering why you think he's a douche. I'm not defending him but curious why?

A lot of people just don't like him because they're so familiar with him. Familliarty breeding contempt yet again. So I'm just wondering why he's a douche? I've never seen anything that make him look that bad except perhaps his celebratory dances on beating opponents but I'm guessing that comes from the harsh enviornment of playing with the guys in Chinatown fair so I almost let that pass.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ah come on Wong straight up admitted he plays the heel in I got next.

ah come on Wong straight up admitted he plays the heel in I got next.

The heel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The heel?

It's a wrestling term meaning a character that's meant to be hated. Playing the bad guy.

HMUYA wrote: »
    It's a wrestling term meaning a character that's meant to be hated. Playing the bad guy.

I was never much of a wrestling fan I'll admit.

I've heard him commentating on stuff and in films and he seems like an alright chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah he's always come across as a fairly decent guy to me except when he's playing the big-mouth character. It's a good thing as he adds some atmosphere to events and adds some interest as people want to see Wong get beat.

I'd say it's more likely Panic kicking in there at the fact he needs 1 hit and doesn't want Daigo to counter his super when it finishes so I'd say he's praying for any contact he can make once control is restored to his Chun to be made as soon as possible.

Yeah but there's no logic to this statement. Justin was in the middle of a super animation while daigo was parrying, literally nothing you can do but pray the opponent messes the parry up(and even then mashing still has no relevance), which Daigo didn't. When the super finishes chun is still on serious negative frames on parry, and is wide open, so again, mashing makes no difference what so ever

And Justin was in no way outplayed in that match, like chopper said super was definitely the best option in that situation. It just so happens he was playing Daigo and he parried it xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think he just mashed buttons cause that's what a lot of players do during long animations like that. :pac:

Advertisement