Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

^^ This

I read somewhere that's it's specifically a Marvel thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Justin was out played, sure he never did great with any japenese players in 3s, only reason he even got rounds on daigo cause he had chun, u know this ramza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

In Marvel mashing buttons increases super damage, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Placebo wrote: »
    Justin was out played, sure he never did great with any japenese players in 3s, only reason he even got rounds on daigo cause he had chun, u know this ramza

Justin wasn't outplayed let's be honest. I don't really agree with that statement either. Justin has done very well against top japanese players. He's beaten Ohnuki(AFAIK), one of the best chuns in japan, and he's more than capable of holding his own. Go to Evo and ask KSK what he and his fellow GVers think of Wong.

That's like saying that Daigo is only good cause he uses Ken (who is pretty much right next to chun in the tier list)

I'm not trying to act like a total fanboy here but cmon, give credit where it's due, Justin is a great player. Altough 3s wouldn't be his best game

Ramza wrote: »
    Justin wasn't outplayed let's be honest. I don't really agree with that statement either. Justin has done very well against top japanese players. He's beaten Ohnuki(AFAIK), one of the best chuns in japan, and he's more than capable of holding his own. Go to Evo and ask KSK what he and his fellow GVers think of Wong.

That's like saying that Daigo is only good cause he uses Ken (who is pretty much right next to chun in the tier list)

I'm not trying to act like a total fanboy here but cmon, give credit where it's due, Justin is a great player. Altough 3s wouldn't be his best game

ffs, he got bashed everytime he was at sbo, he eventually coped on to beating some japanese players but there were always to the wire, tight matches !

he was a good player but jasysus remember when usa first went to sbo and they got trashed by nuki alone !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

And Justin was in no way outplayed in that match, like chopper said super was definitely the best option in that situation. It just so happens he was playing Daigo and he parried it xD

Yeh I agree'd with the fact it was the best option. It just so happens Daigo played better and so he won? If daigo fluked it and jumped over the super or something then ok maybe not but he ****ing parried the whole thing and executed his combo to super like clockwork. I don't understand what's not classed as "play" in these actions Daigo pulled off for it not to be "outplaying" his opponent?

Justin is quality no doubt about it and I'm not debating that. I'm just saying it's absolutely the case that he was outplayed by Daigo in that match. Daigo came back from the grave by pure skill rather than fluke or chance. It was through actions totally within Daigo's control rather than any influence by random game mechanics or luck that he pulled the victory back from an absolute certainty of loss.

Placebo wrote: »
    ffs, he got bashed everytime he was at sbo, he eventually coped on to beating some japanese players but there were always to the wire, tight matches !

he was a good player but jasysus remember when usa first went to sbo and they got trashed by nuki alone !!!!

I can see where your coming from. I know Japan > USA, that's just how it always will be. Justin is still a pretty damn good player though.

LOL SBO

Deshiken pretty much destroyed them too

Shloer wrote: »
    Yeh I agree'd with the fact it was the best option. It just so happens Daigo played better and so he won? If daigo fluked it and jumped over the super or something then ok maybe not but he ****ing parried the whole thing and executed his combo to super like clockwork. I don't understand what's not classed as "play" in these actions Daigo pulled off for it not to be "outplaying" his opponent?

Justin is quality no doubt about it and I'm not debating that. I'm just saying it's absolutely the case that he was outplayed by Daigo in that match. Daigo came back from the grave by pure skill rather than fluke or chance. It was through actions totally within Daigo's control rather than any influence by random game mechanics or luck that he pulled the victory back from an absolute certainty of loss.

Because when people say outplayed they usually refer to the whole match and its contents and not just the finale. The content of the match is great, Wong has no problem toeing with Daigo and he gives just as good as he gets. The footsie aspect of the match is just so in depth. If someone was outplayed I think it might mean read and countered in every aspect possible.

But the fact that Wong put up the fight he did and was able to put Daigo into the last pixels of his health in a final round means he was not in any way outplayed imo in the greater scheme of things

I think Ramza was just discussing that particular moment (the parry) rather than the whole match flow when talking about being outplayed... I mean every decent 3s player can parry that, Ramza's done it to me multiple times. Doing it under that kind of pressure is something else, but I thought that's what you were referring to when you were saying he outplayed him.

Because when people say outplayed they usually refer to the whole match and its contents and not just the finale. The content of the match is great, Wong has no problem toeing with Daigo and he gives just as good as he gets. The footsie aspect of the match is just so in depth. If someone was outplayed I think it might mean read and countered in every aspect possible.

But the fact that Wong put up the fight he did and was able to put Daigo into the last pixels of his health in a final round means he was not in any way outplayed imo in the greater scheme of things

I see what you mean. Well no I wouldn't say Justin was "dominated" by any stretch of the word but I would say he was outplayed. Justin definitely played a better game and by rights probably should have won but was bested in the end.

• Advertisement

I see what you mean. Well no I wouldn't say Justin was "dominated" by any stretch of the word but I would say he was outplayed.

Outplayed in my mind means like totally dominated so I think I may have taken your post wrongly

Indeed, they are both amazing players, the fact that Daigo totally anticipated that super in that much pressure means yes, Justin was outplayed for sure in that instance. I'm not sure if you see but you kind of need to hit forward a little early to parry the SA2. It really needs to be anticipated and even on reaction at that distance a SA2 parry wont work. As you can see Daigo shimmied forward just as he anticipated the super, in which he totally read and outplayed Wong, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I disagree with all of yeas. :D

Justin was a fuckin eejit for doing that super there. He got cocky and paid for it.

Why?

Parrying full supers while not as standard as fadc ultraing in SF4 it was pretty stranded stuff for high level players. In otherwords everyone at such a tourney would be capable of it.

I had people on 2df parrying full ultras on me and then I'd go off and still beat them. Its just knowing the timing.

Wong made it easy for Daigo because he fucking told Daigo he was going to do it.

Anyone who played 3s and was in that situation and saw the chun back off and throw a few low forwards knows full well the guys gonna try and super you.

Wong was cocky and then someone shouted "lets go justin" which fed his ego and he did something stupid that he should never have done in a tourney situation.

Daigo , being daigo, even with no health and about to lose, stayed 100% roboticly calm. Ultimatly, in the end, this is whats so impressive. He just calmely waited there for the super everyone knew was coming and calmly parried the whole thing, making sure to jump at the end so he could do the most damage in return.

The words 'lets go justin' are symbolic of justin losing to cockyness and I dunno why justin holds them like a badge of honor, he should be having nightmares about that moment :p

We've all had our own 'lets go justin' moments, we think we have the win in the bag and try something amusing to end it only to have the game totally turn around on us.

Aaron tried to land a 'fireball into taunt' on paul at the end of a tourney match recently while paul had no health and paul turned around and ultraed him winning the match. (all respect to aaron , not picking on you, we've all done this , its just something in recent memory :p:D)

To end the debate about daigo vs wong, I give you majs lastest combo vid.

This the most impractical one he's done but it looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

1:41....WTF

I just watched that like 20/30 times and I can't get past a feeling of amazement. What the hell happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Visually, it looks like he has FADC'd the Ultra. He glows yellow and golden. But he doesn't use the two EX metres. It's bizarre. First time I've seen it. If you can reproduce it, it would make the ultra very effective as it is effectively safe.

I've been trying to do it but it seems like it's a random glitch.

There's some comments saying that it's because it was a cross-up and blankas ultra ends as soon he hits the edge but I've been doing that but the ultra is not doing the cancel. It seems like the most plausible explanation but it ain't working for me.

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »

HAHAHA He's convinced he won and all YEAAAH lol what a fail.

Thats pretty cool tbh

I'm not a huge fan of the infinites/combos possible in this game, I wish i could play/understand Marvel like this.

It's old and we've all seen it but what a match, what a tournament, what a game.

WGC! Lets get hyped!

HMUYA wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the infinites/combos possible in this game, I wish i could play/understand Marvel like this.

Marvel has like the coolest combos of any FG, cool vid

Close one. Well worth the finish :)

I love this video too. :)

Alex Valle gets his just desserts!

• Advertisement

Alex Valle gets his just desserts!

OH JESUS

Advertisement