Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ahhhh not that video again, I won't be able to eat for days! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

What is that even?

Ali VS Michael Jordan?

I'm sure I saw Goku's sprite from Jump Superstars in there too...

One of the related videos is someone doing a playthrough as "Gees" Howard:

All opponents will quickly learn to fear his Ragin Stor and Deadl Rav.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yreval wrote: »
    One of the related videos is someone doing a playthrough as "Gees" Howard:

All opponents will quickly learn to fear his Ragin Stor and Deadl Rav.

Not to mention the music is a 16 bit rendition of the power rangers theme in Ryu's level.

• Advertisement

What I got up to last weekend.

Not all fighting games but there's a few easter eggs in there for you all :)

ESPECIALLY the stick modding fans. Steel Battalion is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Is that your stuff Doom?

It's exactly like what you'd find if you searched behind my Telly!

Gamecube, Dreamcast joysticks.......and of course, Steel Battalion!

(I must actually try playing that game some day, it was bought for me as a present.....but I never got around to switching it on)

Ken B wrote: »
    Is that your stuff Doom?

It's exactly like what you'd find if you searched behind my Telly!

Gamecube, Dreamcast joysticks.......and of course, Steel Battalion!

(I must actually try playing that game some day, it was bought for me as a present.....but I never got around to switching it on)

Nah twas an arcade and retro meet up.

Everyone should get to play Steel Battalion once in their life!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If anyone has an Xbox & Steel Battalion, SELL IT TO ME!!

One of those things I missed out on as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If anyone has an Xbox & Steel Battalion, SELL IT TO ME!!

One of those things I missed out on as a kid.
    How much woud you pay for it?
    ....realistically, I'll probably never be able to play either it, or my XBox again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ryan Hart "He didnt say anything"

Luffy "I said Rose"

kik/lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

To put some context to Yreval's video.

The Voice actor who does JP Bison is quite a famous voice actor in Japan. He is known for pulling out some crazy Engrish phrases in his shows.

For example

Somewhere in some alternate universe, Chiyo-chichi is telling Osaka that the day he came to her village was the most important day of her life.

But for him, it was Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Norio Wakamoto is actually God.

Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah for once I did actually get the anime references hehe I've come across some pretty mental/funny clips from that anime before.

this is ****ing brilliant
    so well shot and edited

mike ross documentry

its amazing how far street fighter has come.
    that video looks inspirational, however if it was about fifa or something im sure half us would be like "lol what a loser" but mike ross looks cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Great track, anyway; I don't know how watchable a feature-length doc on Mike Ross or Justin Wong, the other doc, will be. Check out this epic trailer:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Placebo wrote: »
    its amazing how far street fighter has come.
    that video looks inspirational, however if it was about fifa or something im sure half us would be like "lol what a loser" but mike ross looks cool :)

You have a point in a way, a better comparison would prob be starcraft. If yea had a guy like juicebox or something as the 'focus' it'd seem like nerd overdrive.

There is the element of fighting games just having those hype crowd moments though, as well as mike not being a stereotypical video game nerd.

Fighting games are pretty unique though in that way. Their origins of being from arcades on the streets brings with them a different kind of range of players then you'd see in most other ...gaming scenes. You have people of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds, and so on. The only consistent factor for people generally into fighting games is that they're usually male and a lot may have some Asian background/be Asian. Apart from that you generally have a very wide mix of people and interests all into the same genre of game.

The fighting game scene is pretty unique and interesting that way. All this makes good documentary material too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

A good oul tune to get the adrenaline pumping when playin SF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sisko wrote: »
    The fighting game scene is pretty unique and interesting that way. All this makes good documentary material too. :D

It makes good documentary trailer material, but I dunno how many actual documentaries it can support. Cameras with good depth of field and hype footage of Evo crowds can only take you so far.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    It makes good documentary trailer material, but I dunno how many actual documentaries it can support. Cameras with good depth of field and hype footage of Evo crowds can only take you so far.

true
    Ry was saying we have yet to see one released, its all trailers at this stage. ?

Bang The Machine is finished/almost finished, but there are problems with licencing the music and they can't release it commercially, so it's only shown at Evo privately every year.

I Got Next's short version was released as well, I think a full length cut is coming out sometime in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Nice to get a video not about the combos for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That is one of the best street fighter videos i've seen!

cool video ry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

animaX wrote: »
    That is one of the best street fighter videos i've seen!

Yeh I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing. They're constantly throwing out attacks and not hitting. It's not like they just do one thing that doesn't hit they're throwing loads. It must have taken ages to get it right.

Ry wrote: »
    Yeh I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing. They're constantly throwing out attacks and not hitting. It's not like they just do one thing that doesn't hit they're throwing loads. It must have taken ages to get it right.

definitely
    also note that the scenes take place seamlessly so any mistake would require a redo of the entire scene

remember we found some odd properties with vega and akuma once?

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    Yeh I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing. They're constantly throwing out attacks and not hitting. It's not like they just do one thing that doesn't hit they're throwing loads.

It's not that amazing, same thing happens whenever I watch you play :pac:

Advertisement