Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Placebo wrote: »
    Damn right Conor,
    For video gaming nerds, you guys really have high standards. REALLY. :rolleyes:
    she is an absolute fox, i dont see half of you with a science degree either tbh.
    Plinking and kara throwing are not academic merits :)

Megan Fox has a science degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Right, because self-respecting non-eejits are the ones who go running to blokes who have a rep purely for having dipped their wick in yore wan :rolleyes: Sure, hot but eh, never found the appeal in being with a hot piece of overused :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd trade Top8 for my girlfriend any day, but above comment is just no ;) Then again you may get your own little reality TV show when Jordan comes along and wants to marry you :pac:

Ssssssssssh

Ken B wrote: »
    On topic...

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/super-street-fighter-iv/news/inception-star-joseph-gordon-levitt-gushes-over-street-fighter-ii/a-20100729122637163006/g-20090929103035749030

Film's not great, but I now have a little love for the Brick from 3rd rock...

Ps: Can someone embed this??

Inception was a pretty intense movie, it went with a pretty complex idea and just goes instant action , was really good but its pacing was a bit strange.

Its how I feel about all his films. Glad I saw it in the cinema though.

And yeah good clip was gas to see that little kid from 3rd rock there, I assumed he was just gonna be another out of work child actor.

An sf fan too , you can tell he's more into it then he wants to say.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh on topic :

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Sisko wrote: »
    An sf fan too , you can tell he's more into it then he wants to say.

Yeah, I noticed him feigning ignorance of the IPhone version, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Rematch between Diago and Arturo after EVO this year

That really would of been a better final.
    Best match I've seen in a long time.

Daigo is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

"Rematch next year for 1000" Says Arturo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

And to think I thought Lambda was more balanced...
    (Video contains personal reaction via cat.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I know this has been posted before but have to say it's still hilarious.

A)LMAO
    B)wtf was that ryu supposed to do

I know this has been posted before but have to say it's still hilarious.

The irony being- they did actually decrease guile's charge time, in the end.
    Voa wrote: »
    And to think I thought Lambda was more balanced...
    (Video contains personal reaction via cat.)

That video has nearly put me off the game before even buying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The recipient can break the combo if they have enough meter. It's not totally hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

also im sure ppl said that about sf4 when they seen that video of you playing guile above

har har har

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CS give you 2 bursts per match.

Besides, if there weren't several break points in that I'll be very surprised.

CS give you 2 bursts per match.

Besides, if there weren't several break points in that I'll be very surprised.

Break points?

c c c c combo breaker, like?

<< knows nothing about blaz blue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Break points?

c c c c combo breaker, like?

<< knows nothing about blaz blue

I think they're just parts in a combo where the guy being beaten up can escape from the combo. If the player on the recieving end just sits there and takes the combo, it'll continue, but if they do an aerial recovery or something they can escape.
    Taokaka can infinitely juggle on her taunt unless the opponent tries to move.

Sairus wrote: »
    I think they're just parts in a combo where the guy being beaten up can escape from the combo. If the player on the recieving end just sits there and takes the combo, it'll continue, but if they do an aerial recovery or something they can escape.
    Taokaka can infinitely juggle on her taunt unless the opponent tries to move.

Soooo.... why is it called a combo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The same way you can go into Tekken's training mode & do strings that shouldn't naturally combo -- the CPU (or receiving player) is clueless.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The same way you can go into Tekken's training mode & do strings that shouldn't naturally combo -- the CPU (or receiving player) is clueless.

but... then it's not a COMBination of unblockable moves, right?

It's a combination of moves, just not unblockable.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Just to clarify that 68 hit combo was legit, there was no point the opponent could tech out, but they could burst out (pressing all 4 attack buttons as a sort of get out of jail card).

Think of teching any combo in BlazBlue as blocking a combo in SF. If you dont hold back during your opponents combo as they drop a link for example, you're going to get it hit anyway. If your opponent in BlazBlue drops their combo, you must tech otherwise you're going to eat hits anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

GorySnake wrote: »
    Just to clarify that 68 hit combo was legit

Great, and here I was expecting to see less of that broke-ass bitch. :pac:

We can only hope it's very situational and needs that exact spacing for the wallbounce or somesuch.

I HAD written a long and detailed post about it.

But long story short, the combo starter was a move to punish an attempted counter attack on the Lambda player. The noel made a mistake, and was punished for it. At any point the noel could have broken out by using a burst, which could have pushed the lambda to the opposite side of the screen.

Also, the combo itself is full of cancels to other normals, jump cancels and special cancels. It's all quite quick so it's hard to tell. It's also difficult to do. Also, the end of it is a techable throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

considering this has 7 million views I'm gonna assume its been posted before, but I don't remember seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

wow, that is genius

This one's for you, Gory. Just some of the new shenanigans for Jin in the next game (including the fact that Jin gets Haku's counterattack super...which then goes to taunt. And combo.) and the fact your cross up BnB gets like 600 dmg removed.
    Also, how, where, and when to land that mash C - 6C

Mash C to 6C looks pretty precise. That counter super - RC - Taunt - KO was hilarious

Another quick one for Joe; pay attention to this guy's rushdown, it's what you should be doing to me. In R2 and R3 he never gives tager any breathing room at all.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Our very Bourkenator at 2.51 haha

• Advertisement

Great little sketch by LoadingReadyRun:
    Videogame Fighting Tournament

Advertisement