Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

This video is one of only 2 showing Aiya Girl ( the ' best SSF4 player ' according to xbox live ) in action. Originally uploaded on ' Aiya Girls ' youtube channel, it was made private after people bitched about how they were nothing more than a boosting scrub.

After watching the video myself, I can safely say that while my Juri isn't the best, I'd probably still beat this ' Aiya Girl ' person if I was given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

This video is one of only 2 showing Aiya Girl ( the ' best SSF4 player ' according to xbox live ) in action. Originally uploaded on ' Aiya Girls ' youtube channel, it was made private after people bitched about how they were nothing more than a boosting scrub.

After watching the video myself, I can safely say that while my Juri isn't the best, I'd probably still beat this ' Aiya Girl ' person if I was given a chance.

Cheers Misty, always wanted to see that Ayia Girl play(I have a nice replay against the no.2, Nouryu). I wouldn't slate that Juri, the player just does exactly what it takes to win comfortably, without being overly extravagent.

That Ibuki, on the other hand.......................useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I was just reading an SRK thread on him* earlier today.

http://shoryuken.com/f315/who-241472/

Apparently he's not even Swedish.

* yep, it's a trap, albeit an elaborate one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RopeDrink wrote: »
    lobbing them to their doom. Ahhhh memories.

Quit lobbing people at me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Just got my hands on an emulator solely to re-play a classic from yesteryear, my first memory of playing a Beat'Em'Up. Renegade on the Spectrum 128k.

This game is still stupidly tough as you progress despite it's age.

Still - Nothing more satisfying than grabbing someone, knee'ing them into the nutsack repeatedly then lobbing them to their doom. Ahhhh memories.

Its all about target renegade on c64

The eyes at the bottom of the screen are both the dumbest and best thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Bush80 wrote: »
    Its all about target renegade on c64

The eyes at the bottom of the screen are both the dumbest and best thing ever
    The park at sunset music in Target Renegade was amazing, if you can remember it.

Also, B.J. Blastovicwz's expressive face in Doom HUD was a brilliant touch!

I played both - Personally I found Renegade better on the Spectrum but the above mentioned sequel was better on the C64. Renegade on C64 wasn't all that hot, equal for T:Renegade on Spectrum.

The Arcade version of Renegade is pretty good albeit exactly the same as all versions of Renegade on home computers just with fancier graphics and faster gameplay.

Still, it was the platform for Double Dragon to rise from so it's all good! :pac:

I must ressurect that scrolling beat em ups thread.

Other than that I remember fighting the cause to claim BeatEmUps where merely a sub-genre of FightingGames in that they are FightingGames often with just scrolling screens and multiple enemies but yeah, some would still call them their own genre, both are true really - It'd be nice to talk about classic (or new) BeatEmUps - No doubt Streets of Rage and others would spark up in people's mind :pac:

Least then there'll be no complaints about low-tier Guy :p

If anything Fighting games are a sub genre of beat em ups... I remember when they were called "1 on 1 beat em ups."

Fighting games is a little easier to say :)

BTW there's a beat em up thread here somewhere and I am certainly not going to stop discussion of them (they're so closely related- it'd be like stopping people talking about Gobots in the Transformers forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they seem to be using others music
    start and deftones at the end

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is this one of those videos where you have to say how far you made it before you overdosed on cringe and had to stop? If so, 0:41 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

That dude is embarrassing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Why...does...he...have...large...breaks..between...his...words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

It's meeting people like him at conventions that made me not want to go to conventions anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ouch... just... Ouch.

Youtube comment on that video:

"that move should only be used on females if she cheats on you "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's actually the biggest disconnect I find between 2D and 3D fighters.

In 2D fighters, a throw is just a punch-throw type combination, and very cartoon-styled.

In 3D fighters, throws tend to be of the "I'm gonna break any limb I can" variety. I think the nastiest though is Hwoarang's side-throw in Tekken 3 (as used in the ending CG to kill a Mishima soldier)

Of course it's really funny when in-game, it does maybe 50 damage and they get up straight-away.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Need to put a restraining order on ModInside. No one should be allowed give Guile tips.

every play a flowchart ken?

• Advertisement

Azza wrote: »
    Need to put a restraining order on ModInside. No one should be allowed give Guile tips.

Just so you know, he's subbed to my youtube channel and we've talked a couple of times.

Just thought you'd love to know that :)

I'd agree only he's reknowned for being aggressive with him, I can respect that - We've all seen our fair share of back-forward-all-day Guiles ;)

OI!

At least Guile can kick.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Boxer can kick! Well, it's more of a stomp, but it's his feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

love the reset at 0:30, even though it doesn't look that useful in a real match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

How did they record that without life bars and super bars etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No idea actually, I presumed it was in the options somewhere...can't you alter the position of the bars? Maybe they did that and just moved them offscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

animaX wrote: »
    How did they record that without life bars and super bars etc?

its in the video options you can just move them of screen.. there is also an option to remove the hud probably does the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    *Awesomeness*

I assume we won't be getting a sniff of this.

The giant cow was maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

• Advertisement

looks ****ing great
    NTSC only i think

Advertisement